chapter 7

"I shall make sure it doesn't happen again." Vikrant said to his father in trembling voice.

He was constantly looking down in front of his father who was sitting on his chair.

The chair which has been given by him to his son.

Mr Rathore avoided coming to office since he made Vikrant incharge but today it got mandatory for him to come here.

Vikrant made a mistake which Mr Chauhan didn't expect him to make.

Mr Rathore's eyes were concentrated on the file reading his son's mistake.

"And how are you going to do that?" He asked Vikrant without even looking at him. He was still looking in the file.

Vikrant didn't have any explanation of his wrong action but he couldn't led his father down.

"I shall do whatever it takes to correct it. I will not to disappoint you this time." Vikrant tried hard to sound promising.

But the circumstances were against him.

"You say that every time but you always do nothing but disappoint me." Mr Rathore took off his glasses and saw his son properly.

Vikrant has been trying to be a good boy since his father came here. He was answering him very calmly as if he wanted to make an impression in his eyes.

To him, Mr Rathore was his father until he wasn't looking at him. The moment he laid his eyes on Vikrant, Vikrant felt as worthless as a piece of trash.

Being a culprit in the situation didn't let him look into his father's Eyes.

"That's not completely my fault." He said averting his eyes.

"So now you will accuse me even for your mistakes too." Mister Rathore frowned.

Vikrant chose not to respond.

Mr Rathore couldn't believe his son's dumbness. He rested his back on chair and wondered if there is any end of it.

"I always give you chances to prove yourself more than you deserve but all you do is either apologize or blame me." He scoffed.

His sinister smile made Vikrant furious but this was not the right time for him to show his anger.

"You are partially responsible for this. Had you given me all of your powers as the director then I could be more capable of fighting against Arjun." He tried his best to control himself but he couldn't resist his urge to backfire.

His every statement was making his father wonder if he is really his son.

Mr Rathore couldn't believe that his son who doesn't know how to walk properly wants to run and that too without any support.

"You don't know how to properly use the powers that you already have and you want more." He taunted.

Vikrant was already feeling guilty because of his mistake and his father's criticism was killing him from inside.

Vikrant always wanted to be the sole owner of his business. He was glad to have the most powerful position but that was not enough for him now.

What make him more furious is the fact that his own father underestimates him.

"Don't you trust me? Do you really think that I am that worthless?" He questioned his father in high tone.

The way he questioned him wasn't liked by Mr. Rathore.

"No. It is only you who is proving himself worthless each and every time. You don't let any opportunity go that prove you worthless. As far as about me trusting you, I trusted you. I trusted you a lot that's why I gave my position to you. I gave up coming in office because I trusted you enough to handle my affairs. But see, I had to come eventually. I had to come to clean the mess created by you." He started very calmly but gradually his voice increased so did his anger.