Chapter 4

7 year old Arihant's POV

" Mummy?"  I gave my mother a voice.

"Mummy, where are you?"  I gave a louder voice to my mother.

"Mummy. I don't want to play hide and seek anymore."  I was scared now.

It was too late for me to find my mother but I couldn't find her.

"Mummy. Please, don't persecute me anymore. Please come out."  I said more loudly.

I was crying.

My throat became heavy due to fear and sadness.

"Mummy. I won't be able to find you. Please. Please come out."  I sat down on my knees and started crying.

Initially, I was just sobbing, but gradually my crying grew louder.

I put my knees on my chest and started crying with my head on my knees.

Even before today, I have played hide and seek with my mother.  But before today she never disappeared for so long.

"Arihant?"  I heard my mother's voice and quickly looked at the source of that voice.

My mother was standing there with her arms extended.

It didn't take even a fraction of second for me to run towards her.

She hugged me tightly.

"Mummy. Where did you hide? Do you know how scared I was."  I complained.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted you to do my best to find me."  She wiped my tears and kissed my forehead.

"Without you I can never make any effort. You are my greatest strength. When you are around me, I can dare to do anything. But when you are not with me, then it is only darkness. "  I could not stop crying.

She caressed my cheek.

"Where am I going. I will always be with you. But some of the battles of life, we ​​have to fight alone. At that time, if you lose even before trying this way, your mother will feel very bad. You want to make me feel bad? "  I could not understand my mother's words.

"I can do anything mummy. All I want is for you to be with me. I am not afraid of anyone if you are with me."  I said boldly.

My mother started laughing loudly.

"If you promise me that you will never cry like this, then I also promise you that I will never leave you. I will always be with you."

"I promise mommy. I will never cry nor be afraid after today."  I asked my tears and immediately stood up.

As soon as I opened my eyes after wiping tears, my mother was not there.

"Mummy?"  I shouted loudly.

Fear

tears

dark

They all surrounded me again.

"Mummy, you promised me that you would never leave me?"  I said while crying.

"I have not broken my promise. I can never leave you."  I heard my mother's voice but  could not see her anywhere.

I looked everywhere around desperately.

I also went to the source of her voice.

"There is no point in walking in darkness, Arihant."  I stopped as soon as I heard this.

"You've left me and gone."  I was convinced of this somewhere.

"You are a lier. your promises are fake."  I started crying again.