5. ( powers )

𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋

chapter 5

(  powers  )

an hour had passed since thursday had awoken from his sleep. it was now the next day, wednesday had gone off to do fencing which left thursday stuck with kit and his friends.

great.

although he had been with them for twenty minutes and had been introduced, he still couldn't tell who was who. however, there was one person he could tell apart from the others, minus kit of course. ajax.

apparently, ajax and kit were friends but the two hadn't spoken yet, apart from yesterday when thursday informed him about his old pet tarantula.

thursday had yet to contribute to the conversation, probably because whatever they were talking about did not interest him in the slightest.

"can you, like, see yourself in the mirror when you look in one?"

thursday knew the question was directed at him. he turned his head, now looking at ajax who had asked the question.

"no."

that was a lie, of course he could. he's still a human at the end of the day. he's just a little pale, that's all.

"do you drink blood?"

"yes."

"it's true, i saw him last night. god, i wish i had no eyes." kit groaned, his head slamming against the table as he thought about thursday and his 'snack'.

"i would happily remove them for you." thursday told him, his face blank like it was no big deal that he had told someone he would be happy to gouge their eyes out.

ajax continued with his weird questions but thursday stopped listening. his eyes wandered around the quad before his eyes landed on his sister.

strange, he thought. she's supposed to be fencing.

after a few seconds, he noticed a boy tagging along with her but he also noticed redness on her forehead which looked like blood.

thursday stood up from his spot, alarming everyone who was sitting at the table as their eyes shot up to look at him.

"what's wrong?" kit asked, now standing up beside thursday who had begun walking away. kit, however, stopped him from going any further, he felt a slight tug at his wrist making him stop walking as a hand wrapped around it.

"where are you going?"

thursday looked down at kit's hand before looking back up at him, his face holding his signature death glare which caused the boy to let go.

"wednesday." was all he responded, before quickly catching up to his sister.

it took a few minutes but thursday had finally spotted his sister in the nurse's office. her face now held a new plaster as she was busy speaking to the same boy he had seen her with earlier.