Chapter 6 Part 1: Porky's grand challenge

The restaurant was definitely popular, considering the amount of people. If I'm honest it's one of the few places I've seen with equal amounts of humans and Anthros, especially in such harmony. This food stuff is certainly something.

The smells that flood the place make my mouth water. The smells that I can only describe as meaty, musky, and delicious. "That smoky smell never ceases to amaze." He says Wich makes me reidentify the musk as smoke. It fills my nose and my tail wags vigorously, little traitor.

Master leads me to a table. A teenage fennec fox waitress scrunches her face at seeing master. She looks at me with a bright smile and asked "what would you like today, ma'am?" completely ignoring master.

I just gave her a dumb expression, not really knowing what else to do. Suddenly she jumps as a large mitt of a hand grips her shoulder gently. "Now now, Amy, remember, a smile for EVERY customer." The voice makes my body scream at me to run.

Master puts a hand on mine to calm me down. "Now, go relieve Reivin from kitchen duty." The voice says, stern, but no longer predatory. Amy stammers, but a look from the eye patched pig furr was more than enough to send her scurrying like the prey her feral kin hunt in the wild.

"Sorry about that, y/n" the massive pig says. He's easily taller than master by half of master. "I just don't understand these people." He says, his accent thick. "Rei will come take your order." He says before waddling off, a tall plump chicken woman delivering some fried feral chicken to a table.

A beautiful girl in a revealing but professional attire. She has confidence and an air of calm about her. She seemed fun but smart. I wonder if master will like her?

She Walks with a grace and confidence that dazzles me. "Hiya guys, welcome to Porky's! Sorry about that. The big man himself is giving you your food for free, so feel free to order anything." She says with genuine pep and happiness flooding her voice. Are dishes really that bad a chore? I shudder at the thought.

"Thank you kindly, sure is nice of Porky. I've seen the bulk prices of feral meat lately, not cheap." Master says with a happy tone, that causes my traitor to wag gently.

"He appreciates all the help you gave him and his wife early on. The free food has nothing to do with the ex-employee." She says with a soft smile, blush lightly gracing her light lavender fur. Master seems a bit oblivious to it. He really is kind.

...

STOP BEING A TRAITOR, TRAITOR!!!!

Y/N POV
I chuckle as star spins in her stool trying to catch her tail, wagging away.

"While she does that, I'm y/n. What's your name?" I ask, wondering if we're the only table she was assigned. Wonder if it was Porky or Annabelle that gave the final decision of the free food.

"I'm Reivin, and that's a wonderful name. Mister Porky has assigned me to you guys only, so take your time, I'm here to chat as well if you want." She says leaning on the table. I remember making this table, good to see it's still kicking.

"Pull up a chair then" star says through her tail, which was now in her mouth. Seems she won. Rei smiles, pets star and grabs a chair. Star's tail starts to wag out of her mouth. She just pouts.

A few patrons laugh. I can recognize some of em. They are nice people. Sadly this city Has a higher furry population, and only about 25% of them seem to like humans with 25% absolutely hating em. The other 50 don't care for humans but just ignore em.

Unsurprisingly, in this traditionally furry city, the wealth was more in the hands of the haters and my school is the most sought for by furries typically.

I blink as a pair of finger snap Infront of my eyes. "You ok dude?" Reivin says, worry on her face. Star was hugging my arm. "You did the ultimate zone out, I'll tell ya that. I'll leave you and this fine lady to figure out your orders." She hurries off, she seems freaked.

I take a sip of the water that had appeared infront of me. I take a deep breath to control myself, wondering what happened. Star seems to sense this and kisses my cheek. "Master, what's should I have?" She says trying to calm me down. Although her growling stomach might have something to do with it. To be fair, she only seems to eat when I do, and I haven't eaten much recently.

Porky stops by. "You ok, y/n?" I take this opportunity to turn this around. Because, I'll be damned if I bog down the first time star tries anything.

"Yeah, hey Porky? What would you recommend to a starving wolf who's never had barbecue before?" As if I said the magic words, my concerned friend transforms to his usual fanatic chef self.

"NEVER HAD BARBECUE BEFORE!?!? Why didn't you say so?" He says as he takes our menus. "Kitchen staff!!!" He hollars "we have two contestants!" He says hustling to the kitchen, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt, ready to wrangle the challenge feast. Star looks confused as the customers clap, knowing the show they're about to see.

"Master, what does he mean?" Star says. I'm about to answer but rei answers for me.

"It Porky's grand challenge! It's a Feast with crown prize and everything. That prize is yours if you can finish the feast." i point to the coveted crown. A fire lights in star's eyes.

"Master I want it." She says as her tail goes hyper. A gaggle of girls can't help but giggle at star's contagious excitement.

Star's POV
Soon the already delicious smelling room floods with so many different smells. I hardly could start sniffing em all before a bell rings out

"Ladies and gentlemen! We have a challenger!" Porky's voice could be heard echoing through the food court. A crowd soon forms all not seeming to care about master's presence.

I think I have a method to help him after all. Just need to think.

"For a pup who's never had barbecue you came to the right place!!" The confused newcomers quickly get the idea when they Smell the food that quickly weighs down the table as Porky, two Reivins that are slightly different, set it down.

"You, and your friend here, have an hour to eat 30 pounds of meat, one of everything on the menu per person partaking, and do it all in 2 hours or less!" Porky says, the Reivins clapping "the moment you take your first bite, the timer starts!"