𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"What do you know?"

Oh, how different they were.

"Well, there are two main things I have knowledge on; the infection, and The Insolence," I began. "I'll start with the infection first since it won't take as long." A mental image of Rose's body locked away within a test tube appeared in my head, and I remembered who I was doing this for. "I overheard that you used my sister's blood to produce the first working cure, but it's too risky to make another because she's dead," I continued. "Well, I'm more than willing to give you some of my blood in order to mass produce the cure."

The scientist seemed happy at my response, and the soldier's scarred eyebrows raised the slightest bit. "However, I know my friends won't take it well when they inevitably find out. Not after... recent events. I'll get to that in a bit," I carried on. "I want you to record me consenting to the things I have to do. That should get them off of your backs. Got it?" My tone may have been slightly demanding, but during times like these, I had to be the bigger person. I was relieved when they both agreed to my conditions.

That was the easy part, now came the hard part.

"My friends and I have had our fair share of altercations with The Insolence. It's some kind of cult working under an entity called TIO, who is actually a teen human boy from the 19th century named Terence Braden Huxley," I recounted. "After we raided the lab in Doveport, he focused his attention solely on me. I didn't find out why until three years later." I took a deep breath before closing my eye and tightening it shut. I reached deep into my head, watching, listening, waiting... for something, or someone, to pounce. Fortunately, that moment never came. That could only mean one thing.

He had his back turned.

"He terrorized me through nightmares and hallucinations for the last three years. However, he made one fatal mistake," I spoke as I took the journal out from my bag and slid it across the table. "That mistake and this journal written by my great-great-grandmother allowed me to connect the dots." Oliver took the journal and skimmed through the pages. Liam also took a peek with his arms crossed, much to my surprise. Even Catherine tried to take a look.

"And now I know how to kill Huxley and get rid of The Insolence once and for all."

That seemed to grab their attention. After this, four people would know what I found out at the mausoleum. Even now, it all seemed so surreal. In my little game with Huxley, I had the upper hand, the key to winning, and he had no idea, but it was something so big. So... grave. On the other hand, it was so easy to do. I could've done it right in this very room if I wanted to, but then Lucella would still be in shambles. I had to make it clear that Lucella came first.

With that in my head, I told them exactly what needed to be done.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The lab gown I was given felt more like a sundress.

The white dress had spaghetti straps, was a bit flowy, and went down to my knees. I assumed it was because of the amount of skin they needed to have available for blood extraction. However, before I could get to that, I had to prove to the others that the scientists had my consent. I knew that Georgie and the others would find out about what they were going to do to me at some point and would try and stop them, so they needed proof that this was what I wanted to do.

I was fifteen now, after all. I may not be an adult, but I could still make my own decisions.

I walked out of the empty room with my clothes in hand and noticed Catherine standing in front of the original room's door. When I walked up to her, she opened it and let me inside where Oliver, Liam, and a camera waited for me. Originally, they simply wanted me to sign a consent form, but I told them that I couldn't do that because then my friends would think that I was pressured to sign. I explained that by recording me agreeing to the terms, they would see how calm and collected I was and would back off a little.

Sitting back down in the chair, I felt a sudden chill go down my skin and into my bones. I lifted my thumb upwards, signaling Oliver that I was ready. The owl nodded at me before turning his focus to the camera. A few seconds went by, and soon, I noticed a small red dot on the camera. That meant that it was on and recording. I fixed my posture, sat up straight and tall, and took a deep breath. Then, I rested my hands on the table in front of me.

That was when Oliver began to read out the questions he had written down while I had been changing.

"Now, Lucinda, I'm sure you understand the severity of the situation that Lucella, Doveport, and potentially the world itself is in, right?" He asked. I waited a few seconds in order to prepare my voice before parting my lips. "Yes, I am aware," I answered. "I've been aware for the last three years," I wanted to add, but I managed to hold myself back from the snarky remark. This wasn't the right time for me to joke around. Not with the multiple things on the line.

Oliver nodded. "And you are also aware of what needs to be done?" I nodded back at him once more. "Yes, I know what I have to do." Prioritize Lucella first, then focus on Huxley. I constantly had to remind myself of that multiple times in order to stop my own anger from getting the better of me. I could feel my veins start to pop out from underneath my concealed hand's skin. I managed to keep a smile on my face as I stared ahead at the camera in front of me.

"Do you consent to us extracting blood from you to make cures for the infection caused by Substance 128?"

That was the second easiest question to answer. "Yes, I consent," I replied almost instantly. I could feel my body start to tremble as sweat began to fork on my head. The thought of needles being poked into my skin must've made me nervous. Unfortunately, I couldn't let that nervousness show. Otherwise, the others would think that I was forced to do this instead of it being my own decision. I discreetly bit my lip and forced myself to stop trembling. If the sweat was noticed, I would just complain about the room being hot.

Then came the final and easiest question.

The one regarding what I told them earlier. My smile only grew bigger as I prepared an answer inside of my head. I didn't care whether or not Huxley was watching. If anything, he could watch this all he wanted. He was the least of my concerns right now. All that mattered was Lucella and getting it cured. That was exactly what I was going to do, no matter what it took. No matter how dire the process may be. No matter how long it would take.

No matter what I would have to sacrifice.

"Without a doubt."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sorry for the short chapter, finals have been infiltrating my life right now.

Here's a little something to make up for it!

My Piggy OCs (Human) as Phonk songs:

Lucinda: KORDHELL - LAND OF FIRE

Roselia: MC Orsen - WARNING (Sped Up)

Sophia: GRAVECHILL - Twilight

Michael: SHADXWBXRN - DYNAMIC

Luciana: Icykiddo - BANKAI MINAZUKI

Terrence: 509 $ICARIO - DEADLY HEIST