The guys jump to attention, "Well, hello."

Chief continues, "She's going to be working with us for the next month, helping out with the payroll. Her father's one of my oldest friends. We were in the navy together, so y'all best treat her like she's your very own...." He studies some of the boys, "Sister."

"Thanks for having me," Nikki says as Cruz realizes the Chief had spotted him studying Nikki.

"Welcome," Herrmann tells her, "Don't screw up the checks. The first and the 15th."

Nikki jokes, "Oh, I will."

They laugh as the alarm sounds, "Accident, multiple injuries. Squad 3, Truck 81, Ambulance 61."

Nicole climbs into the passenger seat as Shay drives and Gabby preps the back. On the way to the scene, Nicole tells them, "$10 says that she sleeps with Kelly within the next week and a half. Did you see how she was eyeing him?"

"Oh, yeah," Shay nods, laughing, "And we all know how Kelly is with beautiful women."

"Maybe he gets you a sister-in-law out of this one," Gabby jokes.

All three women share a look before bursting out laughing.

Arriving at the scene, they focus up before getting into the firefighter gear when Matt's voice comes over the radio, "Nicole, you up there?"

"Go for Nicole."

"We need you down here."

Nicole nods, "Copy. Let's go."

The three of them slide down the hose, Nicole looking up, "Huh, missed doing that."

All three paramedics spread out, helping whoever they could just enough to transport them out of the ditch. Every once in a while, Nicole looks over to check on the guys.

"Nic!" Matt calls, gesturing her over to the hole that Kelly had gone down a minute prior. 

She slides over so she's looking down, "Here."

"His lower legs trapped, there's internal bleeding," He tells her.

"There's no way to release it?" 

Kelly shakes his head, "No."

The man jokes, "Other than that, everything's peachy."

Nicole nods, thinking, "Alright, I'll call for a trauma surgeon."

"Hey, how long?" Kelly asks.

"I don't know," Standing up, Nicole grabs her radio, "Ambulance 61 on mid-Channel 5."

"Go Ambulance 61."

"We need a trauma surgeon for a possible amputation."

"Copy that Ambulance 61. Standby for confirmation."

Nicole stands by, watching Shay thrown down an IV before hearing Kelly yell, "Tell that surgeon to hurry up!"

"Chopper him in if you have to," Nicole tells the operator.

"Negative, 61. The trauma surgeon is already en route."

She looks to Matt and shakes her head as the ground starts to rumble again. Throwing them all off balance. 

After a couple minutes, Gabby calls down to her, "Nicole! Trauma surgeons here."

Nodding, she calls down to Kelly who is climbing up, "Trauma surgeon's on his way down."

"It's a recovery now," Kelly tells her, walking away.

♣️♣️♣️♣️