004.

Xavier decided to stay with Kacey, at least until she was able to stand.

"How's you're ankle?" Xavier asked, standing by Kacey who was sitting on her bed with her leg elevated. Xavier had offered to carry Kacey up to her dorm room, so she didn't have to be around so many people.

"I can walk you know." Kacey deadpanned, already wanting to leave her dreaded room and check if Wednesday was okay.

"Look I appreciate the help Xavier, but can I please be alone?" Kacey begged, she was tired of people treating her like a child just because she didn't have any powers.

"If that's what you want." Xavier gave in, putting his hands up in surrender. Before he left the room he turned back to Kacey who was already planning her escape.

"If you need anything just call, yeah?"

"Of course" Kacey rushed, just wanting to get up and escape her retched prison also known as her room.

Xavier exited the room closing the door behind him, silently celebrating his successful attempt at "flirting".

☆.....

Well it was official Kacey had run out of pills. Luckily she could drive down to Jericho, for some reason Principal Weems allowed Kacey to own a car and drive it, despite being under the age of eighteen. Perhaps it was because she was a normie and she was accepted in Jericho or maybe because she didn't have anyone to runaway to.

Either way she could drive and that's all that mattered. Kacey was now agruing with the pharmacist in Jericho.

"We stopped supplying this prescription a while ago." The pharmacist said squinting her eyes at the orange container.

"You don't have anything similar?" Kacey asked tapping her fingers impatiently on the counter.

"No, I'm sorry honey." The pharmacist apologized, handing Kacey the bottle back. Her hand purposely brushing over Kaceys.

'Honey?' Kacey thought, 'Why would she call me that? She was being relatively rude earlier, why the sudden change of heart' she wondered.

Kacey looked down at the orange bottle now in her hand. She walked out of the pharmacy completely and utterly confused.

Somehow her feet brought to the 'weathervane' which was small cafe. She figured that she needed a coffee after a long confusing day.

She walked up to the counter.

"Can I get a quad over ice?" Kacey asked, looking over to the boy behind the counter. Suddenly the espresso machine hissed and steam blew up.

"Make it a double," Wednesday stated, seemingly appearing out of nowhere.

"It's an emergency." She proded. The short haired boy looked around dumbfounded.

"A quad is four shots of espresso." Kacey murmured looking over to Wednesday.

"Yeah, I know what a quad is but, spoiler alert, the espresso machine's having a seizure," the brown haired boy stated sarcastically. Wednesday looked down at the espresso machine, then at Kacey. Who was still looking at the brown haired boy.

"So all we have is drip." He finished

"Drip is disgusting"

"But drip is for people who hate themselves and know their lives have no real purpose or meaning." Wednesday stated trying to compromise.

"What's wrong with your machine?" Wednesday asked. Kacey was glad Wednesday was doing all the talking.

"It's a temperamental beast with a mind of its own, and it doesn't help that the instructions are in Greek." The boy informed

"May I see?" Kacey spoke up, walking behind the counter Wednesday following close behind. The boy handed her the manual. Kacey scanned through it before Wednesday took it.

"I need a tri-wing screwdriver and a four-millimeter Allen wrench." Wednesday read. Kacey was in some sort of daze, she never learned Greek yet she understood the manual.

"Oh uh, here" Kacey said snapping out of her dark and pulling out two tools from her school jacket.

Wednesday looked up at Kacey, impressed by her preparation.

"Thank you.." Wednesday murmured, taking the tools out of Kacey's hand, their hands brushing against each others. Kaceys face reddened and looked away, while Wednesday stared at her confused.

The brown haired boy watched the two girls interact, jealousy evident of his face.

Wednesday turned around to face him.

"Here's the deal. I'm going to fix your coffee machine, then your going to make our coffee and call a taxi." Wednesday compromised

"There's no taxis in Jericho." Kacey interrupted

"Yeah, try Uber?" The boy asked

"I don't have a phone. I refuse to be a slave to technology." Wednesday informed

"What about trains?"

"Nearest station is Burlington. It's roughly thirty minutes away." Kacey contributed, looking down at her shoes, refusing to look at Wednesday anymore after how much she embarrassed herself.

"You have a valve issue. I've seen it before." Wednesday deadpanned, Kacey zoned out on their conversation.

'Wow she knows robotics, just when I thought she couldn't get more interesting.' Kacey thought, sighing dreamily. Kacey tuned back into theor conversation

"I can't be bought, so either wait or find someone else to drive you." Tyler said

"I can" Kacey blurted out immediately

Wednesday grabbed Kacey's wrist dragging her over to a booth.

"You have a car?" Wednesday questioned, staring Kacey down.

"Yes?" Kacey spoke

"When can you-" Wednesday was cut off. Three boys wearing pilgrim costumes walked through the door, over to their booth.

"What's are Nevermore freaks doing out in the wild?" The first boy said, glaring at the two girls.

"This is our booth." The second one said

"Why are you dressed like religious fanatics?" Wednesday deadpanned, glancing over at Kacey who huddled over in one corner of the booth clearly wanting to avoid conflict.

"We work at Pilgrim World." The first boy said placing a flyer on the table. Wednesday pullednto flyer towards herself.

"It takes a special kind of stupid to devote an entire theme park to zealots responsible for mass genocide." Wednesday deadpanned.

"My dad owns pilgrim world." The first boy glared, Wednesday looked up at him "Who you calling stupid?" He fumed

"If the buckled shoe fits." Wednesday teased

"Uh guys why don't we just talk about this?" Kacey attempted to defuse the situation.

"Stay out of this Wilhite." One of the boys spat

"Yeah stay out of this" Wednesday glanced at Kacey, getting up.

"So tell me, freak.." The boy started

"You ever been with a normie?" He spat. Wednesday glanced over at Kacey, smirking to herself.

"I've never found one that could handle me." Wednesday said now looking the boy. A fight broke out between Wednesday and the three boys, Kacey got out the booth grabbing a boy and punching him, surprisingly knocking him out immediately.
When Kacey turned around Wednesday had already knocked both other boys out.

There was only one thought that went through her mind as she stared at Wednesday's piercing cold eyes, this girl was so her type.

☆A/n
Incase it wasn't clear, Kacey is not a normie.

Any ideas of what she is?

Also this is the longest chapter 😱

Not edited