♣️♣️♣️♣️

"Ambulance 61, multiple gunshot injuries. 934 Roosevelt Road."

The trio hop out of the rig, putting on gloves as Nicole calls out, "What's up?"

"Two GSW's. One's an organ donor, another hit in the gut."

"Shooter?" She asks as Gabby and Shay arrive on either side of her.

The policeman tells her, "Gone. But this happened less than ten minutes ago. We're sweeping."

A couple of guys catcall them as they make their way inside the building and are lead to room.

"Oh, god. Oh, god," The victim moans.

"What's your name?" Gabby asks.

"Ricky."

Nicole crouches on the couch next to him, Shay on the other side and Gabby stands next to Nicole, "You buying or selling, Ricky?"

He glares at her, "Bitch, just fix me up!"

Shay smirks, handing Nicole some pads, "Maybe we should let him bleed a bit?"

"I put one in that GD. Hit him right in the head."

"Yeah, no, he's gone," Nicole shakes her head.

"No, man, I hit him."

The officer that was waiting by the door tells them, "Hey, we think the shooter's upstairs."

Nicole nods, "Okay, we're good here."

Gabby asks him, "Ricky, hey, have you been using?"

When he doesn't answer, Nicole moves his face so he's looking her in the eyes, "We need to know so we don't give you something that kills you faster than that bullet. So? You on anything?"

Hearing a noise, Shay looks up to see a man with a hole in his head point a gun at the group before she throws her hands up, "Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"What's up, fool? I told you I shot him," Ricky says as Nicole pushes him back and moves so she's in front of Shay and Gabby.

Nicole holds her hands up, "Sit down, I need to look at your head. I need to take a look at that hole. In order to do that, I need you to drop the gun on the floor or we leave. Drop it or we leave," He doesn't move, "Drop it!"

He drops it just as the officers come in and tackle the guy. The paramedic trio share a look before turning back to Ricky.

Once outside, one of the officers approach her, "Nicole, what can I say?"

She just glares at him as Gabby snarks back, "Say you'll check the closet next time."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

They don't even make it back to the firehouse before they get another call, "So it's one of those days. Let's go."

"Casey and Severide still arguing?" Shay asks.

"Every damn minute," Nicole sighs, they get to the wreck and see Squad and Truck already working, "And that's a mess."

Getting out of the rig, Nicole moves over to Matt, "Mother, daughter, trapped. Both responsive."

"Can you hear me.." Nicole starts to talk to the little girl.

Matt supplies, "Madeline."

"Madeline? Are you hurt, sweetheart?" She nods ever so slightly, "Okay, can you tell me where you're hurt?"

"My body."

Nicole nods, smiling, "Do you mean your tummy or your chest?"

"My chest."