Chapter 6

Msi Harisa Velleaga

One afternoon while I was walking in the hallway going to the cafeteria with Mari and Aya.. and I might add those three professors for lunch break, I saw mommy who is obviously just out of her office gushing towards us.

"Msi, Mari, and hi Aya, dolcezza.." she greeted us. Napahinto kaming anim.

"Hi Tita Violet! Good afternoon! What brings you here po?" Aya said energetically. Nginitian lang namin sya ni Mari.

Mom clinged to my arms. "Wala naman. Pumirma lang ng mga naiwan ni Mei na documents.." then she looked behind us to see the professors. "Oh hi! Good afternoon, ladies."

Sabay sabay naman silang sumagot. "Good afternoon to you too, Mrs. Velleaga."

"Yes yes.. the three of you are still very pretty!"

Muka namang nahiya agad si Professor Gallardo at mukang tuwang tuwa si Miss Kamira maliban kay Professor Silvestre.

"Are you out for lunch, baby?" She turned to me.

I gave her a sweet smile. "Yep. We're gonna have lunch with the pretty professors.." she nodded. "Wanna unisciti a noi, mommy?" I asked her to join us.

Napaisip naman siya.

"Sabay ka na mommy! It's been a while since nakasabay mo po kumain si Ate Msi!"

Natawa naman si mommy at tumingin ulit sa akin.

"You don't have something to do with maman, I suppose?" I asked, mentally laughing.

She shook her head. "Ay! Bahala siya sa buhay niya. Fine. Sabay na ako sa inyo.." binalingan nya yung tatlo. "Is that okay with you, ladies?"

Professor Silvestre answered. "Kumain nalang ho kayo ng sabay sabay. Okay lang ho kam—"

"No no no.. The more, the merrier, hija! Join us, ano ba kayo wag kayo mahihiya sa akin. I'm not my wife, 'no!"

Professor Silvestre's eyes met mine. I gave her a persuasive look para sumama sya. She rolled her eyes and nodded to my mom.

"Sure thing, Mrs. Velleaga. The pleasure is ours.."

"No pleasure intended. The lunch is on me everyone. Get anything you want! Okay?"

We arrived at the cafeteria and everyone didn't bother to look at us—some I supposed. Good thing though.

Isa isa kaming nag order and I ordered one for Mommy. Mari brought it to our table and began telling stories to mom. She seems happy being around her so much.

I bought veggies and a scoop of ice cream for me. Napansin ko na madaming in-order iyong tatlo and I want to laugh as hard as I can, because they looked like they're regretting some decisions in life. Halos pare-parehas lang kami nina Aya nang kinuha.

Miss Kamira shyly spoke up. "U-Uh kami na po magbabayad—"

Mom chuckled. "Psh. No worries. You can order more if you want, Kamira.."

"Uh you know me po?"

"Oo naman. You're Kallira's cousin right? My mom is a friend of your grandfather, you see." she then laugh.

Nagulat naman kaming lahat.

So mom knows Professor Silvestre?

"We are not in good terms as of the moment, ma'am." The cold blooded professor spoke up.

Mom drink up and frowned. "Huh? Why?"

"Kasi pinili ho namin ni Kamira ang larangan at buhay na ito."

My heart hurts for them.