𝐱𝐢𝐱. ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴘʀɪɴᴛ

Start from the beginning

“I wish dad was here.” Leah mumbled, showing just an ounce of vulnerability that only her mother was allowed to see.

“I know, so do I.” Sue agreed. “But Leah, this is your choice. And no matter what it is, I will always support you.”

Leah smiled lightly and leaned more into her mother, closing her eyes when Sue kissed her temple. “Thanks, Mom.”

“Anytime, honey.”

❝REBEKAH?❞ The girl in question looked up at the sound of her name

REBEKAH?❞ The girl in question looked up at the sound of her name. She was surprised to see Bella in her doorway - the human fiddling with her hands. “I just got back from La Push, and well - Leah wanted me to give this to you.” The Swan girl held out a piece of paper and Rebekah was in front of her in a second - Bella didn’t even flinch anymore, so used to the Cullen’s speed.

“Thanks, Bella.” The young vampire smiled and the human nodded before excusing herself from the room - probably looking for Edward who was still upset about her going with Jacob in the first place. 

Rebekah furrowed her brows as she looked down at the folded-up paper, and quickly opened it up to find messing handwriting on the surface.

Meet me at the place you and Seth were at. ~ Leah

The vampire was confused and bit her lip, debating on if this was a good idea or not. But she was sure Leah was already waiting for her and decided to go. The girl was sure after yesterday, she would never see any of the shifters again - but clearly, she had been wrong.

She could easily sneak out. Rosalie was in the garage, Emmett and Jasper were watching football, Bella was with Edward, Alice and Esme were shopping, and Carlisle was at work. 

So she opened her window, and looked behind her before she took a deep unneeded breath - and she jumped.

As soon as her feet hit the ground, she was running towards the spot she had seen the wolves the day before. Rebekah couldn’t help but wonder why Leah wanted to meet her. Maybe she was upset about her talking to Seth, or maybe she wanted to apologize for running off yesterday. The vampire didn’t have much time to think the thoughts over, however, as she quickly arrived at her destination. 

And just as she had expected Leah was there. 

The girl was pacing around grumbling under her breath, but the second she heard Rebekah - the raven-haired girl whipped around to face her. 

“Hello.” 

“Hi.”

The two spoke at the same time, both looking as awkward as Bella as they stood on their sides of the treaty line. Leah looked like she would have rather been in hell than within 10 feet of Rebekah and Rebekah, well she was just confused. 

“So why did you want me out here?” Rebekah asked and she frowned when Leah flinched and turned away from her. “Is everything okay, Leah?”

“Don’t say my name!” Leah growled and Rebekah raised a brow and held her hands up in surrender. “God, why did it have to be you?”

“What? Le-” Rebekah stopped herself when she saw the she-wolf’s glare. “What are you talking about?”

“I imprinted on you!” Leah hissed and she began to pace back and forth. 

Rebekah's face went blank as she tried to figure out what that meant. She had only heard about it with ducklings, how when they hatch - they imprint on their mother. So she just watched Leah for a minute before she shook her head lightly.

“You what? What is imprinting?” Rebekah asked and Leah let out a rough breath as she ran a hand down her face. 

The shifter turned to face the vampire, arms crossing over her chest. “It’s like finding your soulmate. But it isn’t always romantic. You will be anything they need. A sister, mother, lover, protector, etc. And I imprinted on you! I don’t even swing that way!” Leah went back to pacing and Rebekah could see that she was working herself up into a frenzy. She knew the signs of a panic attack when she saw one and instead of allowing the panic to start, she jumped across the river and landed in front of Leah - her hands latching onto the wolf’s arms. 

Normally she hated doing this, but the last thing that the two needed was a panicking giant wolf on their hands destroying half of the forest.

Rebekah knew that this was risky, but she also couldn’t just let Leah suffer. 

Leah’s shaking soon stopped the longer Rebekah held onto her arms and eventually her breath and heart rate went back to normal. And now the two stood there, looking at each other.

“How did you do that?” Leah asked as she tried to catch her breath.

Rebekah smiled sheepishly. “It’s my gift, I can make people relax and calm down through touch. Usually, I don’t like doing it, but I don’t think we need a rampaging wolf running around the forests.”

Leah let out a dry laugh. “So I am a wolf who has anger issues and you're a vampire with magical hands - what were the ancestors thinking?”

“I don’t know.” Rebekah shot her head as she pulled her hands away from Leah’s arms. “But maybe this will be a good thing. You said this imprinting thing didn’t have to be romantic right? Well, maybe we can be friends, besides I have a mate anyway.” Rebekah rolled her eyes at the word “mate” and Leah raised a brow.

“Why do I feel like there is a story there?” The shifter asked and Rebekah snorted lightly.

“Oh, you have NO idea.” 

They stood there for a few more minutes before Leah spoke up, rolling her jaw in thought. “So what the hell are we going to do?”

“I have no freaking clue.” 

[a/n ✍︎]

[a/n ✍︎]

MY BROTP IS HAPPENING PEOPLE!!! IT'S HAPPENING!

Thoughts? Ideas? Predictions?

Be sure to let me know!

Until the next update!

Love,
Drea.

(𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐡 × 𝐫𝐞𝐛𝐞𝐤𝐚𝐡)