Amrit came out of the bathroom, feeling fresh as ever, all his excitement to tease her by just coming out in a towel went to vain when he saw her sleeping, feeling dejected, he dragged his feet to the closet, wearing some clothes and joined her in the bed.

While turning the lamp off, a thought struck his mind. He picked up his phone, clicking a picture of a sleeping Roop, who had the blanket wrapped around her like a burrito.

Feeling satisfied with the pictures, he put the phone on charge and hugged his burrito.

"I can't even sleep without having you in my arms now." He whispered to her sleeping self, closing his eyes, finally sleeping after three sleepless nights.

...

The constant knocks on the door woke him up, but not Roop though, she was asleep like a lazy cat.

"Roop.." He called out, still sleepy. "Check on the door." He said, not wanting to get up but she didn't move a bit, "Rooooooop." He dragged her name lazily.

Getting no response, he got up to answer the door, a deep scowl on his face as he looked at the person. Mihir stood there with a wide grin plastered on his face, Avni hiding behind him.

"What?" To say he was annoyed would be an understatement, he was having a peaceful sleep after days and these idiots ruined it.

"Sooo?" Mihir asked, curiosity dripping down his face.

"Kya hai?" Amrit asked, their overjoyed faces were annoying him more than anything.
(What is it?)

"Bhabi kahan hai? Is she tired?" Mihir asked mischievously, a smile playing over his lips.
(Where's bhabi?)

"What the hell?"

"What? Don't act like you weren't hugging her as your life depended on it yesterday." He retorted, pulling up his phone with the picture he clicked as proof.

"And?"

"Obviously..you know..in private, kuch kuch hota hai..mai aage nahi bolunga, mujhe sharam aati hai." He said, blushing like a shy bride.
(Something happens, I will not speak further, I feel shy)

"Are you leaving or do you want me to make you?" Amrit asked, ignoring his statement but his neck was turning red due to embarrassment.

"Acha ye to bata do ki mai chachu banunga ya nahi?" He asked, stepping back in a fear of getting a smack or something.
(Okay just tell me if I'll become an uncle or not?)

"Banaun mai tereko chachu?" Amrit's eyes narrowed as he glared at his brother, who hid behind Avni.
(May I make you uncle?)

"Wahi toh keh raha hoon." Mihir mumbled to himself. (That's what I'm saying)

"Get lost." He said to both of them before shutting the door in their faces. Idiots.

Mihir turned to Avni, "Dekh rahe ho kitne dogle insaan hain bhai?" He said, shaking his head disapprovingly.
(Do you see how two-faced bhai is?)

"But what did he do?" Avni asked, confused.

"Uss din bhai bhabi ki ek photo ke liye marr rahe the, literally marr rahe the and look at him now." He exaggerated, his head shakes not stopping.
(He was dying that day, literally dying to see Bhabi's picture and look at him now.)

"Tune bheji?" She asked.
(You sent?)

"Look at this." He tapped on his phone for a while before showing the screen to her, displaying the notification of ten thousand rupees credited into his account.

"Das hazaar? Ek photo ke liye?" Avni asked, her jaw dropping open at the newfound information.
(Ten thousand? Just for one picture?)

"I don't do anything for free, ab lag raha hai ki thode jyada bolta to wo bhi mil jaate." He shook his head while Avni just stood there, not being able to digest her shock.
(Now I feel like if I had asked for more money, I would've gotten it)

On the other hand, Amrit looked at Roop, who turned in her sleep, her t-shirt riding up as the blanket moved. Shaking his head, he walked into the bathroom to freshen up.

The alarm blared the second he stepped out of the bathroom, with a now awake Roop sitting on the bed with a confused face.

Walking over to her, he first turned the alarm off and then leaned over to her, pressing a lingering kiss on her cheek, "Good morning," He greeted, going in for another kiss because her fluffy cheeks looked more fluffy in the morning felt irresistible.

A blush coated her cheeks as she opened her eyes, her sleep far away, just the feeling of the lingering kiss he left on her cheek. Pulling the blanket up above her face, she hid herself, feeling shy making him smile at her silliness.

...
The way I feel so good while writing about them 🤌