5 - Surrender

Beginne am Anfang

Zoro thought for a moment. If she stayed. They'd die. If she left with Zoro, they'd die all the same. Several government agents were likely watching his house from the outside. The only way to change her fate would be to infiltrate their ranks after she had been captured.

"Not at all. I suppose you'll have to turn yourself in." He said while gesturing for her to follow him. Once they were in his room, he grabbed her arm and pulled her into his closet.

"What's your pla-" she blurted, interrupted by his hand over her mouth.

"Speak quietly," he whispered. He waged his bets on the chance that no one could hear them. "As it stands, your only option is to be captured. They'll kill you if you fight, but they don't want to. They're hoping you cling to life so they can bleed you dry of information."

"That makes sense." She said, raising a finger to her chin.

"Our best bet is for me to infiltrate wherever they keep you." He said. "Do you have any idea where that may be?" She was knowledgeable on these types of things, and if she was to be held locally, then he could do something.

She thought for a moment. Logically, there would be a wait time before she was taken to a government office. "Likely a special holding cell in a local jail, until a government ship can arrive on the island."

"How much time do we have until then?"

"Assuming they've already contacted their higher-ups, a few days at most."

"I can work with that."

For some reason, she thought she saw the hint of a smile on his face. He looked excited.

"Once again, I'd like you to understand how dangerous this is." She said, growing more worried by his seeming lack of caution.

"I haven't been challenged in a while, it'll keep me from going soft." If he was to be the strongest swordsman, then he'd have to face opponents of every allegiance, and be ready for anything. He'd fought countless pirates, a few bounty hunters for rights to a bounty, any swordsman who was willing to challenge him, etc. He'd never fought against the most powerful force in the world, however, and it intrigued him. This could be an opportunity to surpass himself.

She sighed. "Alright. I suppose all that's left is for me to surrender myself. It'll be a little while before midnight, though." She reasoned. "Do you mind if I enjoy your company for a while?"

He looked up at her. Half of her face was concealed by a shadow, the other half was illuminated by light that crept through the open doorway of his closet. Once again, he saw candor: innocence and a desire for comfort.

"Not at all." He said. "It's a bit cramped in here, though. You think you could turn around?"

So she did. She lay on his chest, sitting between his legs. He was much softer than she'd imagined. Grabbing his arm served as a reminder of how robust he was. He twitched ever so slightly, before relaxing again.

"Do I make you nervous?"

He thought for a while. Putting thoughts into words was hard sometimes. "Not in the way you think. I'm just... not used to letting my guard down like this, allowing you to do whatever you want."

She grabbed his wrist, and placed his hand on her chest, forcing him to grope her, letting out a satisfied breath as she did. Slowly, she forced his hand up to her neck. She gently pressed his fingers, puppeting his hand to make it squeeze tighter.

"Who's guard is truly down?" She asked, releasing his hand.

Her's. She had been through more and was in a more compromised position. Not to mention, he was stronger. I'm a coward, he thought.

"Yours, I suppose." He mumbled.

She smiled, he couldn't see her face, but he knew it.

"You'll do well to remember that. You'll let your guard down now though, right?" She asked.

He thought for a moment about how hard she fought, how weary she was. She had much less of a reason to let him close, but she did. "Yea, yea. You got i-"

Before he could finish speaking, she sprouted arms on the floor, using them to pull him onto his back. Turning around, she straddled him. He tried to open his mouth, but she put a finger to his lips. Slowly her hands slithered up his body, groping and touching as they pleased. She massaged his abs, and ran her finger across the big scar on his chest, watching him closely all the while. He didn't resist, but his innocent gaze followed her movements. His shoulders were like mountains, and they felt warm. Bringing her hands closer, resting them on his neck. It was thick, getting a grip on it was an arduous endeavor in and of itself, but eventually, she succeeded, resting her thumbs on his throat. He gritted his teeth as she lowered her face toward his.

"Tell me you like my new sweater." She commanded, her nose almost touching his.

"What? That doesn't eve- ack" he started, interrupted by a tighter grip.

"Say it." She insisted, smiling as he struggled harder.

"I like it. I like the new sweater. Blue and white really suit you." He croaked. She relented, allowing him to catch his breath. Never in a million years did he expect to submit to someone, much less someone weaker. But not only did he submit, he relished in that state of dependence.

"Good boy. Your new jacket is cute on you as well."

He rolled his eyes, slightly blushing. "Thanks"

"I'll get going now. Let's hope you don't get lost and leave me to die."

He recoiled. "That was dark."

"Did I scare the man who isn't even scared of the World Government?"

He rolled his eyes. "Give me the address and I'll be there. Go."

She smiled. "I'll write it in my notebook on my way out, and leave it on your couch. See you soon."