Chapter 1

『♡』•『♡』•『♡』•『♡』 || ✮•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙˚✧˚  ˚✧˚•̩̩͙✧•̩̩͙˚✮ ||『♡』•『♡』•『♡』•『♡』

The maid's name was Rose, and she had brown hair and brown eyes. When Kai woke up again, he was in a large wooden crib. He rolled over and tried to sit up, and then winced from the splinter he got in his arm. Who made the crib so poorly?

Kai sat in the crib, feeling hungry. 'Shouldn't I at least have someone looking after me?' he thought to himself. 'Not that I need looking after. If I was actually an infant, this would be dangerous.'

He looked around and saw a bottle of milk lying on a table further away. Kai decided to wait for someone.

Four hours later, Kai was still waiting. He was pissed. Even if Kai was a throwaway child, it was a regular thing to look after infants. Based on the memories he had regained while sleeping, it seemed that he was only two weeks old.

Kai gave up. He was hungry. Kai climbed out of the crib let himself fall to the ground. He winced a little at the drop, then frowned inwardly. In his old body, that wouldn't have hurt so much. It was only a one-foot drop.

Then, he crawled over to table leg. and climbed up. He grabbed the bottle and drank, and then used his ✧Special Technique of allowing himself to fall off his starting point and then proceed to climb up to his destination.

・┈┈・┈┈・┈┈・

So, for the next few months, he would wake up to a bottle of milk, use his ✧Special Technique to get to the table. 

Whenever he got older or needed something, Kai would find it already there.

When he got old enough to eat food, he woke one day on a wooden bed with a thin mattress on it and from then on, a single slice of bread and a glass of water when he awoke.

When he turned 5, he stayed up and found that Rose would sneak in and put stuff in his room. 

The Sapphire Palace was nothing like how he had imagined it to be when Kai heard the name. He knew that since he had been abandoned by the emperor, it wouldn't be good, but he hadn't anticipated a big, empty palace with no one in the halls and locked doors.

It was a large palace, with pastel blue walls and a lot of blue. It had high ceilings, an abundance of crystal chandeliers, and a lot of secret passageways. 

When Kai finally was able to walk, he explored, and found out that all the doors were locked, forcing him to stay in the palace. He got living necessities like food, water, and clothing, from Rose sneaking them in during the middle of the night.

It was then that Kai saw his own appearance for the first time. He looked similar to his mother, whose name he still hadn't found out. Elegantly curved eyebrows were above blue jeweled eyes. He had high cheekbones and pale skin. Lucious ebony locks contrasted his pale skin

Kai looked a lot like he did in his previous life, but now he had blue eyes, instead of the brown ones he had before.

 One thing that Kai liked about the palace was the library. It was a huge room with rows and rows of staircases filled with books. The former emperor apparently used the room as the archives, but Emperor Claude had no use for it and left it here. 

Kai spent his days roaming the halls. When he was 7 years old, he discovered that it he opened a window on the top floor, he could jump out and onto a tree branch, and then climb down.

It was the first time Kai had seen sunshine close and in person for five years, and he was damn happy to see it. So, he took cloak from the racks of old clothes in a dusty room and snuck out. He had already discovered that no one came to check on him daily, only weekly, so no one would notice if he left and didn't come back for one night.

He went to town a lot, and wandered around, taking in the Obelian Empire's landscape and collecting information by listening to gossip.

・┈┈・┈┈・┈┈・

It was through gossip that he found out the main plot was starting. He was at an inn when he heard two women gossiping about the emperor's new lover from Siadonna.

In this world, Kai had no name, but since he lived alone, he had no need for a name. 

He resumed life as usual, excited to maybe meet Athanasia one day.