Prologue

Kai opened his eyes to the sound of a woman crying and begging. He vaguely realized that he couldn't really control his limbs, but from the height he seemed to be at, he was being held by someone. He saw a beautiful woman with ebony hair kneeling on the floor, clutching at a blonde man's robes. 

"Get off me, woman!" he shouted, and threw her off.

'Wow, mean,' Kai thought to himself. He suddenly realized the man had eyes that looked like gems. 

Where had he seen that before? Kai wondered to himself. The eyes that looked like sapphires seemed so familiar to him. He started dozing, but fought to stay awake, wanting to see what would happen next. 

"Claude, please," the woman begged. "Don't send me back. Father will kill me. He wants two children. He needs an heir for my sister."

"No," Claude said, face freezing into ice. "That man has done enough. We are not appeasing him. I see no reason to help you." He turned to the guard next to him. "Felix, kindly escort her back to her room and prepare the carriage."

A red-haired man nodded and with the help of two other guards, dragged her out.

"What of the child?" asked a voice that was close to him. "Will Your Majesty name him? He is your flesh and blood, your son."

Kai held his breath, waiting to see what the man would do. He had a grasp on the situation. He was not in his old world, which made sense, given that his last memory was being pushed out onto a road and something slamming into him.

'Is this my father?' he asked himself. Based on what the person who was holding him said, it appeared that this 'Claude' was his father. That sounded familiar. 

A man named Claude, with golden hair, blue jeweled eyes, and a large dose of cruelty sounded familiar. Kai didn't want to believe it. 

He had reincarnated into the webtoon series he had read because of his friend's insistence, Who Made Me a Princess! He didn't remember Claude having another child but remembered a passing sentence in the webtoon when describing the original novel about a 'nameless child.'

Kai looked expectantly at the man, turning his head as much as his new infant body would allow. 

"No," said Claude. "He's no son of mine. Give him to that woman."

Kai frowned. What had happened to make Claude hate his mother, (or Kai assumed she was his mother), so much? He even refused to say his mother's name.

The voice behind him sighed and nodded. "May I ask a question, Your Majesty?"

"Ask." Claude said coldly.

"Your Majesty probably also knows how bloodthirsty the king of that place is. He'll start training the boy to kill from childhood. He'll either turn out cowardly and backstabbing, a dangerous murderer, or dead," said the maid. (Kai inferred that it was a maid based on how she was cradling him.)

Claude's icy eyes looked down at him. "Very well. You make a good point. Send him to the Sapphire Palace." 

"Yes, Your Majesty," the maid said, and bowed.

(A/N: So, did you enjoy it? I hope you did!!! Please comment if you did!!  I really appreciate them! (っ^▿^) Feel free to tell me if you see any errors!!)