𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖋𝖙.

❝ 'cause i've got my mind on you

❝ 'cause i've got my mind on you. i've got my mind on you. ❞

━━━ IN A WORLD where jacqueline sees the light on her gloomy days.

❝ say yes to heaven. say yes to me. ❞

|||

𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖔
𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖘𝖍𝖎𝖋𝖙.

|||

ꜱ ʏ ɴ ᴏ ᴘ ꜱ ɪ ꜱ.

Jacqueline Van de Sand was tired, overworked and underpaid. Well, her dad never really paid her to have her head in the clouds, but the nightly hours the drained her before school definitely deserved some sort of compensation. Chocolates, concert tickets, extra hours of rest? If she was lucky enough, maybe her dad could send her a bag of sand that could keep her up for the next fifteen hours while she crammed for her Herbology test.

Despite her lackluster attitude with every moment she kept her eyes open, Jacqueline was never someone to brag when it came down to talking about her night shifts--or rather the "nightmare shift", as she likes to put it--since no one knew she quite existed. She was a shadow on the wall, the shadier side of the bridge where no sunlight would cut through her dark silhouette. She was an unseen ghost known by another name. Someone who caused mischief while others were tucked tightly into their beds, but someone those barely acknowledged when they were awake.

That was fine. Cool, even, since Jackie admitted there were some real funny rumors that spiraled about her when no one suspected her to be lurking:

"I heard Jacqueline Van de Sand was a poltergeist and liked peeping on people. What a creep." One would whisper in a low tone, disgust lining their voice.

She laughed hard on that one.

"Really? I heard she's a demon that crawls into people's dreams and torments them." Another would fret with a twisted frown, shifting uncomfortably in their seat.

Maybe.

"Maybe Jacqueline Van de Sand isn't even real at all. You know dreams and nightmares don't have a scientific reason for their occurrence?" Someone replied with a snarky tone, eyes narrowing that made the Van de Sand girl roll her own in annoyance.

Buzzkill.

Jacqueline's own philosophy is as followed: "Out of Sight, Out of Mind", which has worked in her favor as she attended Nevermore Academy. Never in the drama, but never too far to hear it, just the way she likes it.

However, Nevermore's recent transferee challenges her philosophy when a murder mystery case falls at Wednesday Addams' feet, all fingers pointing in the unseen girl's direction.