▪︎ 8. Guilty or Innocent? ▪︎

APPARENTLY BUCCIARATI'S DAD IS CALLED PAOLO I AM SO SORRY I WAS NOT AWARE OF THAT WHEN I CAME UP WITH MR. ESPOSITO'S FIRST NAME

I'm making myself simp for abbacchio wtf

this one's Hella long and a teeny tiny bit of angst. and some TW for SA again, but not as much.

btw was the end of the last chapter okay? I'm not much for hand holding but like it can be cute? so I think it was? idk I'm impatient as fuck, I'm yelling at my own writing like "JUST KISS ALREADY"

~~~~

It was still Sunday, and we had just finished up in the library. Abbacchio and I explained to the others how we thought Mr. Esposito wasn't the murderer, and we even showed them the note, but they were doubtful.

"He's a murderer, obviously he wants to scare you." Bucciarati argued as he had read the note.

"But what if he's not?! None of you actually met him, right? I did, and I really think something is wrong." I took back the note, looking at it again. "I'm being serious."

"Y/N, calm down. I met him last year, I took one of his classes and had him as a teacher. He was normal at the time, so I'm sure he just became a maniac after he hit his head or something."

"Look, I don't want to defend him. He's responsible for some bad things, but I really don't think he killed someone."

"Maybe he did it for you? Because he wanted to be with you?" Mista suggested, and Abbacchio joined in on the conversation.

"I don't think so. He's too much of a coward." He said, and I was glad he stood up for me.

"He might be putting on an act."

"I doubt that."

"Listen." I said. "I'm going to figure out who the actual killer is. It doesn't matter if I do it on my own or not, I'm going to solve this mystery."

"Y/N, forget it. Leave it to the police." Trish said. "Either way, we need to go."

"I'll be here. I'm going to do some reading before I go to bed."

"Then I'll join you." Abbacchio said with a sigh.

"Alright, we'll be leaving you then." Trish took her bag and left. Narancia bounced after her like a happy puppy and the others followed quietly. Bucciarati made eye contact with Abbacchio, as if silently telling him not to stay. Once they all left, I turned to Abbacchio.

"No one asked you to stay."

"You'd rather be alone? Sure, go ahead."

"You can stay, I'm just saying you don't have to."

"Well, I'm going to."

"Why?"

"I feel like it."

"But why?"

"God, you're annoying."

"Then don't stay."

"You're still acting like you hate me?"

"Of course, because I do."

"That's not what it seemed like earlier."

"What do you mean?"

"You held onto my hand like a scared little kid."

"Hey, you were to one who grabbed onto me!"

"Because I knew you were scared."