02 - Newsworthy Friend

Gulping at the sudden clutches of dusty lavender cardigan, the furry white mink with the bright orange jumpsuit could only let out a squeak. Paws stuck in the iron grip of the girl--woman infront of him.

"I'll take that to be a 'yes'!" letting out a delighted squeal.

"Um... what's your name?" Softly asking with a scratch of his chin. Irking the fluffy hat wearing captain of the person she had just befriended.

"Yurika!" promptly introducing herself; "And yours?"

"B-bepo," before blubbering a "sorry," as his crewmates--friends--hurriedly grabbed him with some sweat seen on their faces. Cursing for how tardy they were about to be; a schedule was meant to be kept.

She followed.

_ _ _

The sudden whiff of blushing feathers was enough to erupt the platinum-haired woman from the balcony she sat with a new dear friend of hers. "Fla-fla! What brings you here?"

"Yurika," the woman she was with called out calmly. Disappointment and foreboding presence in her figure.

Unpredictably, a hand gesture held off the woman; "Violet, it's alright," iconically smiling (almost skewed and shrewd-like) with his bright scarlet-tinted sunglasses.

"You should join us for some tea!"

Pointing back inside, "I'd like to have a word with you inside. Just some news you might like."

"If it's news then you can just say it now," clapping her hands together. Oblivious of the growing tense facial muscles creasing his forehead with every second spent here. Taking a mouthful of a spice-blended bun, "Pwesh tell nou, fwafwa! I wamn spenm tim wih Vioye!"

Letting out a huff in defeat, "Fine. Your friend 'Monkey D. Luffy' is going to be in Dressrosa soon." Widening his smile as stars filled her eyes at the news, both grinning from ear to ear. One more sinister than the other.

"Really?"

"Very."

"Do you know when they're going to arrive?"

"Around the time the new event at the Corrida Colosseum is happening," turning his feather-filled back towards them. "I'll take my leave then."

"Have a nice day, Fla-fla!"

Pivoting her heel towards her friend--who had a rose in her hair--she plopped down beside her giddy. A lack of reality washes through her friend.

"You're friends with the Straw Hat Pirate Captain?"

"Yep!"

_ _ _