Chapter Six

Ruby made the door to the sitting room into a one-way mirror type thing, they could see through it, but to anyone on the other side, it was still a bookshelf

Ruby made the door to the sitting room into a one-way mirror type thing, they could see through it, but to anyone on the other side, it was still a bookshelf. Most of the group rolled their eyes and gave each other a look when they saw who the intruder was. They all put their hoods up, and masks on, and made their way out. Kent gladly put the sack over Wednesday's head, but Ruby knew it wouldn't scare her. Ajax tied her up, and Ruby helped Divina pull out the projector and get it started. Everyone moved into the circle and Xavier pulled the bag off of Wednesday's head, and from the way her hands were moving, Ruby knew she was untying herself.

Ruby used a spell to distort voices, so Bianca did not sound like herself. "Who dares breach our inner sanctum?"

But it didn't fool her sister, "You can take the mask off, Bianca," everyone removed their masks and hoods. "Wait, I preferred you with it on."

Bianca was already annoyed with the loss against Wednesday earlier, and now she had found the Nightshades, not to mention the fact that she already didn't like her.

"How did you get down here?" Xavier asked.

"Rowan showed me. Left pocket," she instructed him, causing Bianca to roll her eyes. "I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue. Then I solved the riddle."

Kent cut in, "Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice."

Wednesday turned on the snark, "Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?"

Bianca stepped in, she was tired of this girl, "The Nightshades are an elite social club, emphasis on elite."

Yoko couldn't help, but brag, "We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny dip."

"And Yoko's an amatuer mixologist," Divina mentioned.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild," Ajax added.

Again, the sarcastic sister had to ruin everything, "Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime? Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded."

Ruby wanted to say something, but Divina grabbed her hand, she wasn't going to let her friend say anything she knew she would regret later on, no matter how true it might be.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." said Xavier.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves." Yoko informed.

"Someone like Rowan?"

"We booted that loser last semester. Question is, what are we gonna do with her? Only members are allowed in this library." Bianca did not like having her there, and could see how uncomfortable Ruby looked.

"I say we invite her to pledge." Xavier defended her. "She is a legacy."

"After the crap she pulled in the Poe Cup, there's no way in hell. We talk about not making waves? She's a tsunami." She couldn't let her be a parasite, feeding off of taking Ruby's freedom and happiness. Wednesday was not welcomed in any of their eyes.