"i'm not interested in participating in tribal adolescent clichés." wednesday informed her new roommate who turned to thursday.

"maybe he is." she shrugged, but thursday only gave her a death glare before speaking up.

"perhaps i am. but i would much rather get an iron and shove it down my throat until the only thing left is the blood dripping from where my vocal cords used to be."

"okay....well, then use it to fill your obviously bottomless pit of disdain." she turned back to wednesday who was busy looking around the place with her eyes.

"there are many flavours of outcasts here, but the four main cliques are fangs, furs, stoners and scales." she counted on her fingers before they came to a stop not so far away from a table filled with people.

"those are the fangs, aka vampires. some of them have literally been here for decades." she squirmed slightly before they continued their journey around the small area.

"that bunch of knuckleheads are furs, aka werewolves." thursdays eyes drifted over to the table his eyes instantly connecting with kit as a small pit of strangeness filled his stomach.

the longer they held contact, the warmer the feeling got and he had never felt that feeling before. what was it?

"there's your brother." thursday pointed out as she nodded excitedly. "yup! we're werewolves!"

"full moons get pretty loud around here. that's when furs wolf out so i suggest you pick up noise-cancelling headphones." enid suggested to them, although it didn't look like they were paying much attention to her.

"i'm assuming scales are sirens?" wednesday questioned as they came to another stop, now looking at a small group which hovered around a fountain.

"you catch on quick." the girl sighed, thursday stopped paying attention as he felt eyes lingering on him making him snap his head in that direction.

he caught a glimpse of kit who was staring at him but once he realised he got caught, he quickly turned his face away in embarrassment.

"and that girl, binaca barclay, is the closest thing nevermore has ever had to royalty. although her crown has been slipping lately." she mumbled the last part quietly, it seemed like she was scared to say the last part just in case anyone had heard her.

"she used to date our resident tortured artist,
xavier thorpe. but they broke up at the beginning of the semester. reason unknown."

"interesting." thursday sighed, his face chose to disagree with his words as he had never looked more uninterested in anything.

"i know, right?" enid apparently didn't catch his blank face as she continued on sharing her information, "my vlog is, like, the number one source for nevermore gossip."

"yo, enid!" a boy who now appeared beside her began speaking, not noticing the two twins who stood beside the blonde girl.

"you're not gonna believe the dirt i heard on you and your brother's new roommates. the girl eats human flesh. the boy drinks human blood. they totally chowed down on that kid they murdered." the boy explained with widened eyes, "you better watch your back. i'll be sure to watch kits."

enid then moved to the side, now revealing the twins who had heard every word the boy had spoken.

"quite the contrary." wednesday told the boy, her face dull as thursday then spoke up. "i actually used my powers to send the fish directly to the boy, bite him, drain him of his blood before returning his body back to me so my family has dinner."

that was a lie, he didn't. he just enjoyed the look of horror the boy had pulled as thursdays hands then began to glow a black colour.

"ajax, this is my new roommate, wednesday. this is thursday." enid introduced them, thursdays head tilted slightly at the boy's name.

"woah. you're in black and white." the boy looked at them up and down, noticing their pale skin and their black hair.

"ajax?" thursday then spoke, the boy's eyes now switching to him as he felt his heart jump slightly.

"yeah...?" he hesitated, fear now growing in the boy, unsure of what thursday would want.

"that's an interesting name. i had a pet tarantula called ajax, too bad he couldn't survive the fire i put him in. guess he wasn't cut out for the world." thursdays bland voice was what scared ajax the most, he clearly felt no remorse about burning an innocent creature.

"that's—that's...um, that's cool, really cool." the boy stuttered before turning to enid with an awkward before walking away dumbfounded.

"he's cute but clueless." enid told the two, thursday now noticing that enid possibly had a small crush towards the boy.

"you know, it's a small school and there wasn't much online about you two. oh you know you should really get on insta, snapchat and tiktok." enid told them excitedly as thursday just have her a bland stare.

thursday had heard many things about those apps, and about the internet in general. he never got them, mostly because he didn't want to be brian washed by the technology which had already made many people brain-dead and therefore can't think for themselves.

"i find social media to be a soul-sucking void of meaningless affirmation." wednesday told the girl before the twins began to walk away, not bothering to even glance back at the girl they had just left behind.

alex speaks

thank you everyone for almost
200 reads! i appreciate every single
one of you <3

please vote and comment .
word count : 1440