}•{ Putting efforts

Start from the beginning

Hearing those two words Naina turned away, trying not to show her vulnerability to him.

All of a sudden the 'birthday wish' didn't matter as all the incidents where he didn't put any effort from his side in this relationship swirled in front of her eyes like a cassette.

Maybe now she was really tired from trying all alone.

Gathering some courage to spat the words which mirrored her inner feelings she turned towards the man she still loved only to clasp her teeth together as no word came out of her trembling lips seeing her husband standing in front of her with a tattered rose forwarded in her direction.

The red rose almost stared down at her as she stared back at it.

Its petals were frayed and some were on the verge of being ripped apart. Few water droplets dozing beneath those frazzled petals.

It was ironic to see how many similarities were between her and the rose with just a difference that,

Rose was clutched by her man regardless of the pain and she was given up regardless of the love.

Aadarsh cleared his throat once again in order to gain her attention. He had no idea what to do when the lady in front of him chose not to take the rose offered him.

A sudden feeling of rejection dawned upon his chest but that heaviness was short-lived as Naina took the rose from his hand.

Her hand brushed with his in the process as he finally dared to look into her amber eyes. The expressive eyes were blank today just like her face.

And he knew that this was the time to speak up because if none of them speak, it would mark the end of their relationship.

So, one had to speak.

And tonight it was him.

He gulped nervously, shifting the weight of his body from one leg to another, he whispered,

"I am sorry."

Naina's eyes snapped towards him in surprise at that word.

Sorry?

Just a sorry for...

Before she could race her mind and thoughts further he exhaled,

"I shouldn't have left you here all by yourself for two days. But to complete all the work in two days, I became frantic."

Naina asked the only question ready to explode out of her mouth,

"Why!? Why in two days?"

She was curt and straight to the point and she wasn't even sorry about it. But her questions were genuine.

How could he give an excuse like this? The trip was of three days. What reasons did he have?

"It was your birthday on the third day. I thought we would go out somewhere..." He looked away feeling embarrassed for admitting out his plans so loud.

Naina's heart thumped wildly, and with disbelief laced in her tone she asked, "You knew?"

"Hmm," Aadarsh hummed with a crinkled forehead.

Of course, he did! How could she think that he would forget? He didn't believe in a 'special' day but his brother did and he knew as a fact Naina did too so...

He remembered. That's why he didn't want to tag her along on this trip so that he could finish his work as fast as he could. But he couldn't deny her when she asked.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara