}•{ Knot in a relationship

~•} C H A P T E R|22 {•~

Licking her dry lips nervously, Raina inhaled deeply to keep her insane beating heart due to his shout calm

She closed her eyes shut for a moment keeping her hands on the doorknob before opening it slowly.

Her footsteps echoed inside the room as she walked towards him, her steps calculated and calm, just opposite of her terrified self inside her.

"Y-yes.." Her voice quivered ever so slightly and she scrunched her eyes shut in annoyance and frustration.

"You did this." His voice grew angrier at the last word as he showed her something on his phone. He didn't ask her but stated.

Swallowing hard to drench her dried throat, she accepted, "Yes, I did this-"

"WHY!?" His angry shout made her flinch in her place whereas he rubbed his temples, clenching his fists hard and trying with every ounce of his being to fight with his short-tempered self and not lash out at her again like previous times.

Her shoulders drooped as she tried hard to maintain her rigid posture and fight with the way her body shivered hearing his angry yell.

Yes, she was scared.

Very very scared of this self.

As if sensing her fear, he suddenly snapped back from the spell his sudden anger created on his mind and once again felt the gut-twisting guilt building inside him.

But it was too late.

He had already scared her once again like before.

"Raina..." He called out in desperation as she flinched again but in surprise hearing his gentle and soft tone.

"I am sorry but I am not guilty." She mumbled, her voice softer like the bundle of cotton but held the sternness of steel.

He looked surprised for a moment as he simply gazed into her blazing orbs which were staring back into him before starting, "I trusted you."

"I know." She uttered lowly, the tiniest bit of guilt in her tone.

"Why will you do that? I know that the truth of that night is known by only you and me. I didn't explain anything to anyone so how am I proved innocent within a night?" He questioned with a hint of mock in his last sentence.

Inhaling sharply through her nose, she tilted her neck and mocked, "You would have loved to be accused as a molester instead?"

"Just fucking tell me what you did, dammit!?" He asserted blowing sharply through his nose, the short-tempered side of him surfacing out at her mocking self.