Hello TV Boy

From this point, I don't have any game reference to go by, so this is mostly based on my own creativity, so don't expect award winning writing.

I stepped through the door, and felt a fresh breeze hit me. I looked down clothes again to see the grime and other stains on it. Inside the maw I felt a bit dirty, but out here I felt even filthier. I looked at Six and Seven to find that they were no cleaner.

The outside of the maw had nobody on it, and although it looked a bit weathered down, it was still quite clean looking.

This external area of the Maw also had a dock, where I noticed a boat approaching. It wasn't another horde of guests, it was a somewhat small boat with only a single person inside, child sized with semi-formal attire.

The boy looked up, and his head turned suddenly and quickly when he spotted us. He tied his boat in place, and hopped off, walking rather quickly in our direction. As he got closer I had a better look at his clothing: A porkpie hat, a dark brown leather satchel, a white dress shirt, and beige pants.

At first, I was unsure of the boy's identity, until he appeared to glitch and was suddenly less than ten meters in front of me. I then took a look at his face and recognized the grey eyes.

"How long was the trip, Mono?" I asked.

"About... uhh... an hour and a half on the boat, and another hour doing stuff before coming." He replied.

"What do you mean by other stuff?" I asked, looking at his clothes I realized the answer was pretty obvious.

"By other stuff I meant taking my first bath in ages, and ditching my old clothes for new, clean ones." He explained, "I fell into sewage in the forest, and my old clothes smelled, well, like sewage, and I didn't feel like washing it to keep."

It was at this point that I noticed how clean his clothes were in comparison to us three, and that he had no oder. Whereas I got used to dirty clothes, dirty hands, and the smell of filth.

I turned my head to look at Six and Seven. Six was staring at Mono, and breathing at a rather quick pace. Her face trembled a bit, before a tear rolled down her cheek. I didn't know whether she was afraid of Mono, or if it was a feeling of guilt she had.

Unexpectedly, Mono stepped forward and embraced her. Six raised her arms slowly, and hugged him back. An audible sob escaped her as she buried her face into his shoulder/neck.

I could've thought a thousand different things, but the first thought that came into my mind was: Your clothes are dirty now, Mono.

"I'm guessing theres a lot I didn't know?" Seven whispered to me.

"He'll explain it to you eventually... probably." I whispered back.

Six and Mono stood there with arms around each other for a few more seconds, before letting go. Six's eyes and face were a bit red.

"So, what now?" Seven whispered to me, "Now that we are out of the ship, what do we do?"

"I don't know, Mono's here for a reason though. I responded.

"Hey." I heard Mono say, I turned around to face him.

"Now that you're out of the maw, you wanna go back home?"

I had gotten so used to this place, that returning back to reality felt foreign. Although now that I think about it, this was where the game ended, and I was uncertain of what else this world had.

"Maybe," I answered, "What about you though? Now that the three of you are free?"

"For now we'll stay in this world, though I might visit yours in the future." He said, "I'll let you know in advance if I do decide that."

"What are you talking about?" Seven asked. I remembered that Mono is the only one here other than me who is aware that he's a game character and that I'm not from here.

"He *points to me* isn't from this world, I pulled him in from a world where we only exist as fiction." Mono told Seven.

Seven had a wildly puzzled look on his face.

"So, are we real or not?" He asked, I wasn't sure of the answer myself, though he, Mono, and Six all looked real to me now.

"Well, now we are, I've broken a barrier that separated us from the reality that created ours, that's the best I can explain." Mono answered.

Mono kept explaining to Seven, as I felt a gentle tap on my arm. It was Six, she gestured me to come. I walked with her to the railing and we sat down, we were quiet for a moment.

"What's this about?" I asked.

"I just want to talk to you for a bit, I didn't talk to Mono when I could've back then, and I don't think I can talk to him without remembering what happened in the city- wait I didn't tell you-"

"I know about it, Mono did say he pulled me from a place where this one is fiction, in fact, I think he picked me since I was already familiar."

"Oh... I don't have to explain then," Six cleared her throat. "I haven't had a friend since... Mono... wait are we friends?"

"I guess." I said, I hadn't previously considered what my relationship to her was, or with Seven or Mono.

"Since you already knew about us, did you know I was going to eat a rat?" Her question hit me unexpectedly, for a moment I forgot what happened earlier. I just nodded my head in response.

"And you weren't scared? If I'm being honest I felt like a freak watching myself do that, even though it wasn't really me." She said.

"I see, and I'll admit I was a little scared, I just didn't feel like abandoning you." I told her.

"That's... kind of you, how old are you?" She changed the subject.

"Fifteen, so six years older than you." I answered, she looked confused.

"You don't look fifteen." She said.

I forgot that Mono turned me younger.

"Mono did it, he probably thought it was better for us to be the same size." I said.

"If this is you but younger, than what do you look like normally as a fifteen year old?" She asked.

"This much taller." I said as I separated my hands about twenty centimeters from each other.

"Interesting," Six noted, "A few hours ago, before we met Seven, you said you were at home and suddenly came here. I can hear Mono's conversation with Seven a little bit, and now I know for sure you weren't lying.

"I'm not a very good liar, so I didn't even bother trying to make a coverup story." I explained with a chuckle.

"I see, it was good talking to you." Six said as she saw Mono and Seven approaching.

"Six, wanna go to the city? I set up a place there... unofficially since there's no order." Mono said.

"Sure!" She exclaimed, and Mono turned to me.

"I know you wanted to go home, but do you wanna see this before you go?" He asked.

"Sure," I said, "What about Seven?"

"Oh I already agreed before asking you two." Seven answered.

"Alright, let's get on the boat then." Mono said, as he lead the way. All of us carefully stepped into it, trying not to rock it.

The boat was actually a bit roomy, enough that I had space to wiggle. I sank down in the seat and drifted off to sleep, with the nostalgic scent of the sea in my nostrils.

End of chapter.

Slight edit February 19, 2023