Daddy Long Arms

After going for a bit, we saw the janitor again, wrapping children in cloth and putting them on hooks. I held Six's hand and directed her onto the carpet. She seemed confused until watching Seven do the same and realized that the carpet made our footsteps quieter.

Further into the room, I had a clear sight of what was going on, a child struggling as the large man wrapped her with cloth, muffling her attempted screams. Six tightened her grip on my hand, and Seven made sure to stay near me.

I noticed there wasn't a long strip of cloth extending to the other side, but I did see an opening to another room. I silently instructed Six and Seven my plan using hand gestures, which they gave me a thumbs up and nodded to show that they understood.

We tried slowly running to the other side to minimize noise, but the janitor still noticed. When I saw him turn around, I ran faster and crawled through the opening. I turned around and was relieved to see Six behind me and Seven crawling through. The thing I wasn't relieved to see was the janitor coming in soon after.

Luckily, the floor in this room wasn't as noisy, and we were able to walked away from the janitor's grasp multiple times. Eventually, he gave up on looking for us.

"The fuck was that sound then?" He muttered before he shut the door behind him. I noticed a crank handle and a triangular slot. I grabbed the crank handle off the ground and put it into the slot, and then turned it. As soon as the doors were separated, Seven took a quick look inside and then jumped, followed by Six.

I jumped in last, slowing myself down by extending my limbs against the sides of the vent. I saw Six and Seven crawl into an adjacent vent as I neared the bottom, and I followed. Soon, we made it into a small room with a suitcase and a lantern, which I lit. I could also hear the faint sounds of a nome, although I didn't know where the nome was.

We jumped into the tunnel in the room, and found a larger room which appeared to have a pool of shoes and furniture. I remembered that this was a reference to a very awful time in history, and also that there was a monster hiding in the shoe pool which would try to grab us.

"Ever swam in small objects before?" I asked, looking back. Six and Seven both shook their heads.
"Well, I have a bad feeling about this room so if you see anything, just go faster."

They looked at me with confusion, before I jumped in, and they followed. Pretty soon, we saw shoes flying upwards behind us, and climbed on a suitcase in the shoe pool.

"Well, I guess you weren't just paranoid." Six said, with a noticeably panicked tone.
"Well, it's not surprising that there would be a shoe monster here, we saw a man earlier with long arms and short legs." Seven said to her, also with a panicked tone.

After a little chat on a suitcase, we all jumped on to get to another suitcase. I wasn't a good swimmer to begin with, and my tar filled lungs really weren't helping. Six and Seven were already on the suitcase waiting. As they pulled me up. I noticed they were trembling and breathing quickly, before I felt a strong hand grab my waist.

"aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA" I screamed as I was pulled down, Six and Seven were trying to pull me back up, but two malnourished children could only produce a certain amount of force compared to whatever pulled me down.. I took my knife out and began slicing the bony hand that was gripping onto me. I heard an awful screech as the hand let go and began squirming like an agitated worm. The finger movements tickled my sides, which felt REALLY weird.

As I made it onto the suitcase, I examined my knife. There was dried leech blood along with fresh blood on the edge from the slicing I just did, and pretty bad edge deformation from prying a cage open earlier. I put it away and looked at Six and Seven, who I assume were looking at the knife. Not questioning me, Seven directed us to go to the other side. As we were making oour way to the suitcase near the edge, I looked back to see nothing coming.