Sunlight And Guests

Seven dropped down, and I followed, trying not to hurt my ankles. I stretched my arms, which were tired from hanging my weight on them. I heard a drop behind me, and turned to see Six dropping down the same way as me.

Seven appeared to now be leading instead of me, which I didn't really mind much. He gestured us to keep walking. On the large pipe, I spread my arms out and tried not to fall off the side. Halfway through I noticed the sound of waves and seagulls, I glanced up to see a ladder at the end, reaching up to an opening where a pale yellow light shone through.

My attention was focused on the sunlight shining in, and I didn't notice myself almost walking off the pipe. It was only when I felt Six tugging my arm, and I looked down to see my feet beginning to slip off the round edge. I frantically kicked my way up, as Six pulled harder, stopping me from turning into a meat pancake at the bottom of a ship.

"Watch where you're stepping." She muttered, the first words I'd heard from her in a while.

At the end, we followed Seven up the ladder and heard a surprised gasp as he made it up.

The sun's light was almost blinding, probably since I've been in low light for a while. I could clearly hear the sound of seagulls and waves crashing, and I could even smell the seawater. I sat down and lit a cigarette to smoke as I admired the view.

"Never thought seeing sunlight and seawater would be pleasant." Seven said.

Six was also staring at the waves below, then to our left. I looked too and saw a ship, a massive one, with what appears to be oversized "people" waddling off and on a platform connecting the transport ship to the maw. It was impressive how the platform hadn't snapped underneath their weight.

"What... what are those things?" Seven said, his head facing their direction.

"They're... guests, I think there's a big dinner here later." I answered, as I flicked my burnt cigarette back down the opening we came from.

We then climbed up the chain to a higher area, then dropped down a shaft. There were planks boarding up an opening, which made me wonder why, and who was putting planks randomly.

I grabbed one and tugged, but it didn't budge. Six grabbed it, and tore it off within seconds, then continued going.

As we walked we felt a thump every second, and as we came upon a pipe we could walk on, we noticed hundreds if not thousands of guests walking below us, making this part of the maw thump every time they take a step.

Micro time skip

As we climbed up a decorative wooden grate/barrier, I noticed a tall woman watching the guests waddle to their seats from a balcony above. Her presence gave a feeling of unease.

Another time skip

We squeezed through a doorway, and I saw a guest at a table to our left. I didn't think much of it until he slammed the table against the door. I felt Seven shove Six and I out of the way of the table, and we began run.

I glanced back, and saw the guest quickly crawl closer, or whatever movement it was to get closer. I frantically climbed up a short upper platform, and turned around watching the guest struggle to climb up.

In the next room, there were some guests sloppily eating the "food" on their plates, which was likely not their first course because there were many plates stacked on the table. I saw a lamp and an opening above one of the guests, and so did the other two.

Disgusting scene coming up

Six was the first to climb up, and successfully landed on the other side, as Seven and I began climbing up. I kept slipping on the dishes, some of which had some grease on them. From the corner of my eye I saw the guest attempting to grab me. My panicked movements only made things harder. Seven jumped, and the two were waiting for me.

I jumped and grabbed the lamp, saw the hideous face below me, and tried to let go as the lamp as it swung to the other side.
I let go a bit late and tried to grab the edge. In a panic, they tried to grab on and pull me up, but I was already falling. Six tried to grab me again but only snagged my bag strap, which hung on her fingers as I fell.

Warning: This next part is very disgusting. If you are grossed out easily, skip until you see the next bold/italic sentence.

Before I could accurately process my current situation, I was stuffed into a mouth, and quickly swallowed without being chewed, like they were so eager that they didn't bother chewing. I realized that the guest I tried to jump over just consumed me. My nostrils were filled with a putrid scent, and I began feeling itchy on my skin and eyes. The flesh surrounding me was moving, and I felt an object in my pocket.

Imma bout to cut someone open from the inside, a thought I never expected to appear in my head, but I couldn't think of any other way to quickly escape my predicament.

I flicked the blade open, and jammed it into the fleshy wall. The movement pattern around me changed dramatically as I was cutting my way out, with my damaged blade occasionally getting snagged on flesh. A sliver of light came in, I put my knife back into my pocket, and pulled myself through the opening.

The nastiest part is now over.

I gripped the edge of the table with my slippery hands, and pulled myself up. I turned to see a guest struggling to put their hand over a hole on their torso. I looked up to see that Six and Seven weren't there.

Must've thought I was dead by now.

I climbed up the plates carefully, and swung across the with the lamp, landing at the edge and not falling.

I noticed a hole in the wall with light emitting from it, and went to see if the kids were there. I was slightly surprised to see them inside, they had lit a lamp and befriended a nome. Seven then noticed me looking in.

"*panicked gasp* Oh it's you, I thought you were dead." Seven whisper yelled, "You smell terrible though."

I remembered that I was coated with partially dissolved meat, and hydrochloric acid.

"Yeah... Imma bathe myself if we ever find another shower, or a bathroom sink." I awkwardly replied.

Six handed me my bag, which will also have meat and acid smeared on it now as it touches my dirty clothes.

I exited the hole in the wall and climbed a barrel next to the table, and noticed a sketch on a paper that looked like Six. Six tried to ignore it as soon as she saw it. Don't feed her, I remembered shadow Six saying, I feel like I'll find out why.

We climbed on the table and immediately started running as soon as a guest noticed us. We tried not to get grabbed as we ran through. In the next room were more guests, and one began quickly crawling towards us. We ran under a counter to the other side, and saw that he was stuck in the gap. I counted down nonverbally with my fingers and we jumped over, and ran into a hole in the wall. We emerged into the the other side, and noticed an elevator coming down on our right.

I remembered that one of the chefs was coming at this point and ran the other way, the other two followed. We made a turn into a bathroom and crammed into a box as the chef came in looking for us. When he left he slammed the door shut, causing a blue tin to fall down. I glanced at my filthy clothes and now somewhat dirty bag, then at the sink.

After a few attempts I made it into the sink, lowering my bag down with the contents of my pockets before bathing myself and my clothes. It wasn't making me squeaky clean but it was better than the letting acidic meat mush dry up on me.

And I'm ending this one here. I apologize for the long wait, hopefully I can get the next done sooner now that it's summer.

Edited July 29 2022