Unexpected But Very Welcome Meetings

Hey-o! This is my first ever Harry Potter fic, and I'm super excited to post it! I had a blast writing it, and it took 4 months and about 630,000 words. It follows all seven books, though there's a lot of change given Keigo and Dabi are in the universe as the MC. They're best friends with the trio so Harry, Ron and Hermione are also side main characters. But don't worry, even though I changed a lot, we still all end up in the same places! There's a lot of violence, especially in the later books, so be warned of that. I tried to keep it as close to canon as possible with everything I added, like spells and potions and the like. Keigo and Dabi's romance is very prominant in the last three books, so if you're not into that, this might not be for you. No smut, just all fluffy love and loyalty.

This is a very long story, over 600,000 words, but I don't have the chapters drag on too long, so each chapter should be about 10k words, updated weekly most likely.

A disclaimer! Editing this was a nightmare, and some capitalization errors are there, mostly regarding spells, potions and class names. Editing had a lot of issues due to that, so please try to overlook it. It's not glaringly obvious, but just a warning.

There is a lot of mentions of child abuse and emotional abuse, so be warned. The Commission from the MHA world are part of the Ministry, there is nothing from the MHA world in this but for Keigo and Dabi themselves. The first four books are only Keigo's POV, but the rest switches between him Dabi.

I really hope people enjoy it because I put a ton of effort into it. I loved writing it, too. It was so fun. I tried to keep everyone as canon compliant as possible, but it's my very first time writing HP characters, so sorry if they're ever OOC. Anyways, enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------

"You will succeed. We put a lot of effort into you and you had better not disgrace us, Keigo," Keigo's handler said. He stood obediently, his head down, and nodded. He would perform well, there was no other option. If he did not, he'd be in trouble and probably pulled out of school by the Wizard Public Safety Commission. He was their pet. Their experiment. All the others had died. All but him.

He was born as a half-breed. A wizard and a harpy. The Commission, a branch of the Ministry of Magic that the public wasn't aware of, had been trying to breed humans with other magical creatures for decades. The wizards were bought to do it and the magical creatures forced. Keigo was the lucky one to survive past his formative years.

They didn't just give him wings, they had continued to modify him until his body no longer reacted to some magic spells. It would cause great pain, but the genes that were affected by that magic were removed completely.

That way, Keigo wasn't easy to kill. A stab wound could get him but the killing curse? No. Probably not. They'd tested it before, risking killing him off in an experiment. He hadn't died. Then, they felt emboldened and did it for the other two forbidden spells. He was a freak. A half-breed with a forced harpy mother, genetically altered to not be like others with his magic resistance.

Muggles, as he was taught, were dirty nobodies. And Muggle-born wizards were not worth anything. That lesson didn't stick. Because he was just as much of a polluted wizard as they were.

Not a full human, he was cursed to have big wings that were very obvious and impossible to hide. He would be an outcast, and knew it. He was prepared but it didn't mean seven years of schooling as an outsider wouldn't totally suck. All alone, the only one with wings. Hogwarts didn't usually have half-breed students.

He didn't resent them that much for doing this to him, because if they hadn't paired that harpy with the human, Keigo wouldn't exist. He would rather be born a normal wizard, but there was no fixing him. He was a docile monster no matter what happened in his life from now on. He was honestly scared to go since he'd rarely been out of the compound. He already had a wand, so he didn't need to buy one of those.