𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 6; Butterflies go brrr🦋

Start from the beginning

'These scars were given to us in so many ways...just thinking about it infuriates me...! Nobody cared when we were hurt, and when we were, we didn't have the equipment to properly take care of them. The royal blood in us did help us, for once, but it only ever helped in healing minor wounds, not helping at all with most of the scars that Sora got...'

Arien's face turned dark when she remembered the sight she saw one year ago. She got up one night by hearing strange noises coming from Rurahel's room. Arien assumed that she was drunk and causing a ruckus, but her curiosity got the best of her. 

Sneaking out of bed without making noise, Arien creeped over to Rurahel's room, seeing that there was a slit through the door that she could peek through, she pressed her eye against the gap, gasping away immediately and slapping her hands over her mouth after she saw what was inside.

Arien didn't know what to think of that situation, she couldn't get up since her legs were shaking in fear, and her mind was clouded, making it hard to interpret the situation. All Arien could do was sit outside that door, and listen to the whip snap the air every time it made contact with her sister's skin, over and over again...

'If Sora wasn't strong enough to take all those hits, and Arjen didn't take care of the wounds, she...she...!'

Arien shut her eyes tightly, wanting all her memories of that incident to go away. She could feel her head spinning, feeling nauseous, but the anger boiled in her rose.

'She didn't even make a single sound, not one cry or scream when it happened!...It pains me that I did nothing! Yet he-!'

Arien shot a glare up at the emperor, who sat there with all the luxury in his hands and empire at his feet...the only thing that she showed the man was her resentment and loathing hatred for him and his country.

'Living a life like this...acting like he doesn't know about our suffering...How dare he even ask "what happened there"!?'

Arien's eyes started to glisten, with the nauseous hitting her like a wave, she wanted to pass out right then and there, but she couldn't fall, not when Arjen and Sora were here.

"Arien, I'm okay," Arjen reassured his sister with soothing words, saying that he was fine. "Calm down."

"Yeah Arien," Sora looked at her sister up and down, noticing her slurred movements and pale complexion. "You should calm down, or you might pass out."

Arien looked at her siblings standing beside her, they told her to calm down, but she couldn't let go of her anger at the man sitting in front of them. And seeing Sora's calm expression on her face, she was giving her the same look when she was on her knees, barely breathing.

She clenched her fists, biting her inner lip to the point that she could taste her blood. 'Why are they always like...this?'

CLANG!

The shattering of glass was suddenly heard when the emperor slammed his glass onto the table, releasing his bloodlust at the same time.

"Did Rurahel do that?" He asks in a deadly tone.

His emerald eyes were glowing under his dark expression, this made Arjen and Arien flinch ever so slightly, not noticeable to the human eye. Arien didn't dare to speak up when she saw the bloodlust oozing out from the emperor, it was heavier than Rurahel's...

"I-I'm scared... Arjen, Sora," Arien stutters, even in telepathy. Her legs were shaking, seeing the same emerald eyes she saw in her nightmares that haunts her. An intimidating aura surrounding his body... 

'Why did he drag them here? Just to treat them like this, play things?' Grasping tighter on her grip of Arjen's hand.

"That's why I can't trust men, even in another life... Tsk."