024 | you're quite self aware

Start from the beginning

"Do you enjoy doing your nails?"

"yeah," Adalyn nodded with a slight shrug.

"Do you still paint as well?"

"I did finish that one painting but I just don't know what to paint so I just can't be bothered to start another one.."

"That's okay, at least you still have your other hobby to fill in time," she replied. "I'm sure doing your nails is like a simpler, small scale painting."

"Yeah, it does still take me hours but I only think that's because I like to make sure they look like perfect."

"That makes sense, you're the one who looks at them all the time. And from the sounds of it, this time you're spending to do them isn't interfering with your life and your relationships, so it's okay if that's how you spend your time," Dakota reassured her.

"mh.."

"Can I ask what you do when it comes around to dinner time, or any meals for that matter? Do you like cooking?"

"I like cooking, yeah. But sometimes I get lazy and can't be bothered- and I don't like ordering food either or getting any sort of take out, especially lately, baby is not a fan," she chuckled softly.

"Do you skip meals?"

"I mean yeah, sometimes but like I'll eat if hungry, I don't ever like force myself to starve or anything" Adalyn explained. "I have been trying to do better for both mine and baby's health though.."

"Okay, you're quite self-aware, I've gathered that from our sessions and all the topics you bring up."

"you'll probably find this weird but.." she slightly mumbled as her hand went to her lips, "I kinda just keep coming because I like having someone to talk to about everything, and like having a reason to get out of my apartment and be up somewhat early at least one day a week."

"And like, I like- I get confused with myself sometimes and you sorta reassure me that like how lazy I can get is okay," she sniffled, wiping away the small tear that was forming. "I kinda prefer paying you to listen to me talk about dumb shit, instead of annoying my friend in London who's should be instead spending time with her extremely hot British boyfriend."

"I know therapy is something you pay for- which I believe it shouldn't be, but you know, that's just the way the world works.." Dakota responded, "But everything you just said.. that's what I'm here for, and I'm genuinely, with my whole heart, glad that you feel comfortable opening up to me."

"... You keep mentioning your friend in London today, but you have friends here in LA, don't you?" Dakota soon spoke up again since the younger had gone silent. "I mean you mentioned before about a friend's gender reveal that you had here on the past weekend."

"Yeah, I do," Adalyn nodded. "Just a few though."

"How come you don't hang out with them much? Or talk about them much" she asked. "Do schedules clash, or they do things you're not up to doing, or..?"

"um.. I don't know," she replied as she wondered why herself. "I just think we don't ask. Actually it doesn't make sense on why we don't hang out.. cause like two of the four finish work at like five the latest. And their boyfriends are on the tour with my boyfriend so I don't know what they're getting up to.."