Fursang's head drooped and Mythrd had the urge to unfasten the man's bonds. He looked towards Kaninzir, Agarang and then Gythryn. Kaninzir showed nothing upon his face, giving nothing away. Both Agarang and Gythryn gave him nods, though Gythryn's hand fell to her sword, resting upon the pommel in a nonchalant fashion.

Moving behind the Gaeradine warrior, Mythrd untied the man and then stepped back, not knowing what he expected to happen. Once unbound, Fursang rose to his feet, rubbing the feeling back into his wrists. He didn't attempt to run, or attack anyone. Instead, he turned towards the monoliths and headed to the first, great, standing stone. The one that had enthralled Mythrd. Fursang touched the face of the monolith, looking up at the carvings.

"The others, like these, in Gaeradine lands? The ones we destroyed?" It seemed as though Fursang had to tear his eyes away from the monolith and Mythrd understood that feeling all too well. "Can they ever be restored?"

"In time. With care and attention, by the grace of the Guardians." Kaninzir had followed Fursang part of the way and then turned back to the others, holding out his hands and then clapping them together. "And now there are four!"

"Five." Gythryn stepped forward, pointing at each of them in turn, including Kaninzir and Fursang. "If you're talking about followers of the Guardians, he makes five."

"Quite right." Clapping his hands again, rubbing them together, Kaninzir gave a taut smile before spinning back towards Fursang, his beard and moustache whiskers curling about his body. "Now, Fursang, you must tell the others what you told me."

Fursang gave one last look up towards the first monolith, the Stewards' Monolith, and moved away, back to the others, his hand trailing against the stone before falling away. He gave a look towards Agarang as he joined them, the two looking much like each other. Thin, painted faces that both appeared to have lost all trace of their anger.

"I will not do anything that will hurt my people, not if it can be avoided." His eyes moved from one to the other, holding them for a slight before moving on to the next. "Given a chance, they will listen to reason, but they will choose to fight if they are given that chance, also."

"The Gaeradine are a warlike people, but they will see the benefits of peace if they are given no option but to listen." Now Agarang addressed them all, standing shoulder to shoulder with his kinsman. "Look at Fursang and I. Look at our bodies. Our people cannot hope to survive a sustained campaign, that is why they choose to use the Traal. Now that I have told the other man, Hrndrd, your people will not be caught completely unawares, even if he cannot persuade your King."

"To work against my people's inherent nature, I believe you can stop the attack, right here." Fursang pointed to the ground at his feet. "Most of our forces are gathered in the north of what you call the Esservold, but there is a company of warriors, not three miles away, awaiting Agarang's return from last night's raid. When we don't return, they will come. In force."

Gythryn made a dismissive snort. She didn't seem aggressive, or angry, but Mythrd saw her cross her arms, sniffing. That was Gythryn's way of saying that she did not believe something. She caught Mythrd's questioning look and began to say something, then stopped. Mythrd raised urging eyebrows towards her.

"Look, I can see you aren't acting as you did last night. Something has changed and if that's the influence of the Guardians, then fine." Narrowing her eyes towards Fursang, Gythryn planted her feet, ready for a reaction to her next words. "But I killed some of your kinsfolk, last night. Captured you. It just seems a little strange that you don't want, I don't know, revenge, or something."

Both Agarang and Fursang shared glances and laughed. That only caused the wrinkles in Gythryn's forehead to deepen and her cheeks to redden as though their laughter embarrassed her in some way. Mythrd, too, had to admit, he wondered how Fursang could remain so calm in front of someone who he had fought only hours before.