It is also the reason why we both work here.To repay him for what he did for us and show a sense of gratitude.

We are a pretty good team as our minds worked similar and we were both considered really smart but man can he be annoying.

I walk out of my door and lock it.I have some pretty confidential stuff in there that is not for the public.

I walk out of the factory and make my way to Mrs Lee's radio shop.

It takes me about 10 minutes to walk there but I didn't care as it was really nice day today.

I walked into the shop but couldn't see Mrs Lee anywhere.

"Mrs Lee.You here?"I shout into the back.

I hear footsteps and see Mrs Lee walk to me.

"Hallo darling, I didn't expect you this early.How was your day?"she asks and walks around to hug me.

"Oh, my day was just fine.The reason I'm here so early is because I finished all my work for the day and decided that I could leave a bit earlier after working so much these past few weeks.So what's my job for today?"I reply.

"Oh that's nice.Come with me so I can show you what I have for you today."

she walked me to the front window and showed all the radios that needed work done and I immediately got started.

We talked for a bit till we felt the atmosphere change.

I immediately knew what was going on and Mrs Lee quickly locked the  door.

I saw the triple threats arrive and they all started ganging up on the shop keeper opposite Mrs Lee's.

I wish I could do something but being a non-bender against a bunch of benders wasn't the best stats.

No IQ could help you against that many benders

Before they could do the absolute terrible a girl in watertribe clothes came and started to beat them all up.

First she used water bending but then she used earth and then fire.

This girl was the avatar.

I squealed when I realised this.

I was so interest in the entire avatar legacy and loved to read anything I could get my hands on involving them.

She successfully beat them up and a minute after she was has done so the police finally came.

I thought that they were gonna  arrest the triple threats which they did but they also tried to arrest the Avatar.

No way.

Don't they see that she literally just saved a persons life?

I ran to the door and opened it.

"Hey! She just saved a persons life and capture the bad guys for you.If it wasn't for her, the crime scene wouldn't just be a destroyed shop!"I shout as I approach the Avatar and the police.

"Stay out of this, little girl!"the police officer says, barely looking at me.

I was about to say something but the avatar spoke up.

"It's okay.I'll take care of this but thank you."She says and I step away.

I have a feeling she's going to do something stupid.

And boy was I right.

She got herself out of the police cables and ran away.

She's definitely just became my new idol.

I walk back into the shop and finish my work.

It took me about another hour or so but by the end everything was as good as new.

She tried to pay me like always but I wouldn't except.
She really helped me a while back and so I would help her whenever she needed me.

And while my brothers and I might not have a lot of money, I know that she doesn't either.

I make my way home and could see the sun was starting to set.

Mako is gonna be mad at me again, I can feel it in my bones.

I arrive at arena and of course they let me walk right inside.

I make my way in the direction of the attic.

I climb up the stairs and open the door.

"Where were you?"I hear my big big brother ask.

Called it

"Mako I told you.I was gonna help Mrs Lee after work.You can't be mad at me for raising a kind human being ."I say and drop my backpack on the table.

"Yeah but still."he argues.

"Still what?"I ask turning to him.

"Just ugh...give me a hug."he says and opens his arms.

I hug him and look around.

"Where's Bolin?"I ask.

Normally he's first to hug me and crush my ribs.

"Getting dinner for us."

"So how was your day?"he asks and we take a seat on the couch.

I start telling him about my day and all the different things I worked on today.

He nods, smiles and occasional says something but I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand half the stuff I'm saying.

If it weren't for him taking up the parenting role after our parents died I don't know what would have become out of Bolin and I.

He was the one who saw how advanced I was for my age and did everything he could to make sure that I would have the best opportunities.

He was the one who helped me get the scholarship from future industries which was one of the best things to ever happen to me.

I'll forever be greatful to him.

I love my brothers even if I want to punch them most days.

I hear the door close and loud footsteps coming up the stairs.

"Guys I'm home!"Bolin shouts.

I jump up and give him a hug once he puts the food down.

"Sophie! I missed you! It feels like I haven't seen you in years."he says and crushes me in a hug, lifting me off the ground in the process.

He's so dramatic.He literally saw me this morning.

"Bolin put her down before you hurt her."Mako says walking up to us.

Bolin puts me down and sets out the food.

I carry on talking about my day and tell them about my run in with the avatar, which they don't believe, but  to be fair they were also more focused on the fact that I was near the triple threats.

I ignore them and carry on talking about some of the work I'm currently doing .They both smile and nod.Occasionally asking me a question about something I said.

I ask them about their day and how they feel about their match tomorrow.

They're pretty confident and are really excited to prove themselves again tomorrow.

We finish eating and all start getting ready for bed.

I get into my bed and decide to read one of the many library books I had borrowed, recently.

"Good night, Sophie."I hear my brothers say just before I fall asleep.

(1706 words)

The Greatest  (TLOK)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें