Chapter one: Off She Goes.

As the sun rises from the horizon, Kyla wakes up with a shudder,"Crap," she mutters, remembering about the sports trials. Lifting her head from her pillow, she stretched, making a slight gasp for air. Kyla swung her legs swiftly off of the bed and heads for her bedroom door.

Her glance was meant by her mother's stare, " What?!" Kyla asked feeling slightly aggravated by the sudden encounter.
"You're Late," her mother grunted, pulling Kyla down the stairs.
"No, I'm not. It's only..." She checked her watch, " Oh... Ye I'm late,,!"

As Kyla ran to the kitchen, she turned back to see her mother with the ' I'm not angry, I'm just very disappointed' face. Kyla burst for the door but suddenly her mother grabbed her arm and spun her round,
" Don't loose it today, if you're set to the principal one more time I'll get your father. I don't want to but I will. If you're laughed at just walk away!" She barely managed to finish, as Kyla had just walked out of the door.
"What an idiot," She muttered to herself as She watched Kyla run down the landing stairs.

After walking to school, she barely arrived on time. Besides the sports trial there was a new student, who'd have to sit in the only desk available, next to Kyla.
She was calmly walking to the first period class room when one of the jocks pushed her violently into the wall but instead of retaliating she brushed her shoulder and continued to the class.
Kyla sat slumped in her seat, waiting for the new student to be an obnoxious geek but as he entered her eyes widened slightly,' Crap, he's cute!' She thought to herself.
He stood in front of the class," Hello!~"
He stopped, examining the back row of the class, he continued," I'm Chris. Chris Malakoy."
His eyes wondered the class again, was he looking for his seat? Or someone else?
"I'm fifteen and a C-B average student," he finished before he went strolling over to the spare desk. Instead of turning to one of the cheerleaders next to him, he turned to the other side, to Kyla. " You're Kyla, right?" He asked with a cheery smile.
"Yes," she grunted," I'm Kyla Lyrabell."
"Good."
"What?"
"I need to talk to you after class," he chirped. Kyla only rolled her eyes and went back to doodling.

The bell for End Period rang and Chris and Kyla walked out together, " What did you want?" Kyla asked, slightly confused.
"It's not important now," He shrugged as he strolled down the stairs but Kyla was casting a shadow on him( Not metaphorically, she was literally casting a shadow from the top step.) He started turn around to see what she was doing when a thud echoed down the stair case. She was gone? Chris ran back up the stairs to look for her but as he looked down he found Kyla's satchel.