"3 months?! God that's so long"

"It's a long movie, besides Leo should be finishing up in like a month or 2" I nodded slowly

"You know Leo told me what happened with the whole Kristen situation"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah"

"So? What are you going to do?"

"I don't know yet" I bit my lips as I touched the pendant of my necklace. "I suppose I'm a little scared, I let my guards down once and I got hurt what happens if he hurts me again"

"What is there to be scared about it's only Leo"

"Leo has so much going for him right now, he could have any girl he wants"

"Yeah and he chose you"

"I'm just worried that is all"

"I just don't get it.. you guys were best friends for years, then you hated each other for so long then boom you guys reunite and almost get into a relationship...you know in the past you would've just moved on and forget about him"

"See that's where I'm confused, I just can't explain why I feel like I'm so stuck. Apart of me just wants to walk out on this...whatever it is and forget about it but something is making me stay"

"Hmmm" I watched as she started thinking and then all of a sudden her eyes widened "if I didn't know better myself I'd say you...love Leo" a shiver sent through my spine and those butterflies returned

"N-no that c-can't be, I can't love Leo"

"You don't sound very convincing" she giggled

That night I tossed and turned all night. Do I love Leo? We have so much history it'd be absurd if I did in fact love him. The next day I found myself in the studio finally recording for the song. I don't know what has gotten into me but I seemed to have a lot more emotion and power while singing the song. It was if my heart was speaking

Leo's POV

Kate mentioned that Kenna was recording that Celine Dion song today. Considering I didn't have to be on set until midday I thought I'd go check it and then leave before she noticed. Might aswell go see what she's actually in Baja for.

I walked into the studio seeing her behind the glass as she stood by the mic

"Leo my boy, you're just in time" James nodded towards me. I nodded as the background started to play. I watch as she started to sing. I swear she sounds more angelic the more I hear her sing. I was so mesmerised by her. I never once broke my trance as I watched her belt the song. She was so into it that it felt like she was speaking the words straight to my heart.

"You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on
We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart and
My heart will go on and on"

She trailed off at the end and that's when I realised the song was finished. James ran to the door to go talk to her. I watched her as she took on the feedback and nodded and planted a genuine smile on her face. She's so god damn perfect. I saw he start to walk out of the booth and I quickly rushed out before she took a glimpse of me.

McKennas POV

"I can't believe you took that in one take, it's perfect even had Leo standing there in awe" I walked out with James

"Leo?"

"Yeah he stopped in to see you sing" I saw as James scanned the room "well he was here a second ago, oh well perfect Kenna just perfect" he shrugged and pulled me into a small hug.

I was last to leave the studio as I  composed myself together before stepping out into the world again. Recordings always made me nervous and at times it can make me emotionally drained. I grabbed my handbag as I switched off the lights. I threw my hair into a high ponytail and left my bangs out to frame my face.

"Your voice is perfect for the song you know" I jumped and turned to see Leo leaning against the wall as he took a drag of his cigarette.

"Thanks" I gave him a small smile "I'm sorry I should go" I said as I backed off

"Oh ok" he said with a hint of hurt. I took a deep breath. I mean he did wait for me

"Sorry I shouldn't be around you while you smoke, just don't want it to affect my vocal chords you know" he chuckled as he through the remaining cigarette into the trash can after putting it out

"No need to apologise...I never thought of that to be honest"

"Yeah I guess I've just become more cautious of it that's all"

"Understandable...soooo are you busy now?"

"Not right now" I found myself saying before coming up with an excuse

"Here I'll walk you back to the hotel"

"Oh uh yeh ok that's cool" I found my nerves starting to take over me. All I had ringing through my head was Kate saying I loved him. It made myself more cautious around him.

We walked along the busy streets creating small talk here and there nothing too deep. The awkward tension was there but we didn't even dare to question it.

"So when do you head back to New York?"

"Well it was supposed to be tomorrow night but then James asked me to be an extra for your scene tomorrow so I pushed it out for another week"

"Ah is that right? James seems to take a liking for you"

"Mmm only because I'm Baz's daughter. do you remember when he would visit dad on set?"

"Ooooh yeah that's right I completely forgot"

"So what exactly are the scenes we're doing tomorrow?"

"We're supposed to be doing the dinner scene, get all dressed up and all that" I nodded as I got to my hotel room. I didn't even realise he followed me up here. Now he knows where I'm staying, stupid me

"Well I better head of, James won't be pleased if I'm late again" Leo said as he licked his lips and stuffed his hands on his pockets, I nodded as I ducked my head down. All of a sudden I felt shy.

"Hey" he said causing me to raise my head and made our eyes meet "I hope you know I'm happy that you're starting to see out your music more" I softly smiled and heated up on the face

"Thanks, I'm sorry that my music seems to be about you"

"Second single about me too?"

"You haven't heard it?"

"Nope but I guess I'll have to" he chuckled, I sighed in relief that was able to make light of it "happy to be your inspo though" I gave him a genuine smile and opened up my door.

"Bye Leo"

"Bye Kenna" I closed my door and just leaned against it for a bit.

"I should've kissed her god dammit" I here Leo mumble on the other side of the door. I heard shuffling so I guess he was finally gone