𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔 : ℕ𝔼𝕎 𝕐𝔼𝔸ℝ

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

“ It does !”

Their conversation was cut short when Kotei had to make a detour to mail the cards. Leaving exact instructions not to follow her, she made sure she did it all alone. Seeking the opportunity, she had already arranged some greetings Cards for the Tokyo group too. Although it took her some time to jump and drop the bunch through the narrow slit, she finally achieved her mission and got back in high spirits.

Either way, they reached their destination beforehand. Aoi and Shiro were already there, waiting for the girls.

“ I'll get going. Don't stray too far. And be back by eleven.”

“ Where are you going, lame Tobio ?” Shiro asked.

“ None of your business, dumbass Shiro.”

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was there usual way of new year greeting.

“ Aren't you guys being too chidlish—um,” Aoi cleared his throat looking away.

Kageyama gave him a weird look before jogging away.

Meanwhile, Shiro and Kotei looked highly interested in what the former had said.

“ Did I hear that right ? Did mister smarty pants just say ‘chidlish’ ?” Shiro asked in a high pitched tone.

“ You bet he did !” Kotei gave him a mischievous smile as the duo snickered to themselves.“fufufu...Aoi’s still a kid.”

“ Sh-shut up !” By this time Aoi's face had a tinge of red and Mio stepped between them to intervene.

“ It's o-okay, guys. Mistakes happen,” she tried to give Aoi a smile but the latter huffed in embarassment.

“ Aww, is Aoi-kun blushing ? Why are you blushing Aoi-kun ?” Shiro said in a taunting voice.“ Mistakes happen, Aoi-kun. Nothing to be shy of, Aoi-kuuuun~”

“ Woah, Aoi sure is red today. Don't worry. Shiro and Kotei will not tell anyone about this,” Kotei said in a sly tone.“ Don't cry now, Aoi-kun. Aoi doesn't wanna ruin his image.” She grinned.

“ You two—you think you're all high and mighty pointing out my one small mistake ! It was a slip of tongue !”

“ Of course it was. Right, Shiro ?”

“ Of course~” The duo huddled together bursting into a fit of giggles.

“ Morons !” Aoi yelled, furious; taking it as their cue, both Shiro and Kotei ran away from him.“ Come back here !”

“ He snapped ! Aoi, the cool guy, snapped !” Shiro yelled.

“ He totally did !” Kotei agreed as the wind hit her face.

Mio stood afar watching them, scared for their life.“ Guys....,” she realised she was the only one left behind and waddled towards them, sniffling,“ don't leave Mio alone ! C-come back !”

Little things matter. They were the walking examples.

And thus the kids chased each other before the sun decided to make it's appearance known with a grand entrance as usual. The bright light illuminated the entire land and the water in the canal sparkled like small gems underneath. Its beauty got reflected at the horizon as it appeared to be a piece of gold chain that adorned the horizontal stretch as far as the eyes could take you. There was a sort of serenity into it that didn't seem to satisfy the eye no matter how long they stared.

The place was filled with other people too who came out to get a glimpse of the sun. Two girls came out in their traditional dress to get more into the feeling. The crowd included an old married couple, some high school teens, the same group of delinquents who had confronted Asahi at school as well as their victims (the two girls), Kotei's front door neighbour, Rin, a few students of Seijoh and Shiratorizawa who lived nearby, Nishinoya and his grandfather, Ukai with the neighborhood association club and many more. Although they didn't meet, each and every one of them shared the same feeling of joy at the view.