eight

lim hana
after hyunjin had formally apologized to me at the go-mart, i got home about twenty minutes later than i should've.

mom was waiting for me at the door. i knew because the minute i stepped on the doorstep, she opened it. and she didn't look happy.

"hani, welcome. i bet you had fun meeting up with a boy at the go-mart twenty minutes ago?" mom was so close to blowing up on me.

i tried to play it cool and just lie to her. "no, i was meeting up with the b-boy i was tutoring..." i stuttered mid-sentence. shoot, i was in big trouble.

"oh? and i bet you had so much fun when you stepped into his car and let him drive you to school? wasn't it?" she chuckled like a maniac. "and when you went to his house on saturday?"

"mom, i-" 

"get inside." she demanded. "THIS INSTANT!" 

but i didn't. instead, i did what no respectful daughter would ever do before.

i ran.

i dropped my bag and dashed.

dashed all the way to hyunjin's house.

✰✰✰✰✰
hwang hyunjin
i knew something was happening when i heard frantic knocking at my front door. after i had found out it was hana through my ring camera, i had sprinted down the stairs and opened it.

"hey, what's u-"

"my mom found out we're meeting up and she's so mad at me and i ran away and-" 

i put my hands on her shoulders. "come in and talk to me." i said in gentle voice.

she slowly walked in and i could tell she was very close to just letting it all out and cry.

hana sat on my couch and explained everything to me. i was flattered that i was the one she ran to when she got in trouble.

well, it was about me.

"what are you going to do? move out?" i asked her. she was about to cry.

"w-well, she might as well k-kick me out..." 

"if she does, you can move here."