70. Interruptions!

Start from the beginning

Arnav and Khushi shared helpless glances seeing their baby was in a playful mood now with no traces of sleep in her hazel eyes matching her mamma's!

Khushi tried to reason with her daughter, "Aapko neend kaise nahi aa rahi hai, beta (How do you not feel sleepy Aru)? See, everyone is asleep, Pari, your chiku bhaiyya, Piya-"

"But you are also awake and Dada too." their smart daughter pointed out making Khushi flustered and Arnav smirk. It was hard to convince his baby that easily!

"Mamma, let's play hide n seek" Aru suddenly suggested,

"We were kind of doing that princess when you interrupted us." Arnav said in a low whisper earning a slap from Khushi on his chest "ouch!" he scowled.

Khushi still glared at him.

It finally took Arnav to takes Aru to poolside while Khushi decided it was too cold for her liking to go outside. Giving them shawl to wrap around them, Khushi let the father of her daughter make her sleep.

And by the time Arnav returned with a sleeping Aru in his arms, Khushi was fast asleep.

--*--

Present:

Arnav had gotten free early today, his 2 meetings got cancelled so he suddenly had free afternoon and his feet automatically took him to Gupta foods, Khushi's office!

Surely there wouldn't be any interruptions there. Right?

.

.

Khushi was pleasantly surprised when she saw Arnav knock on the door of her cabin.

"Are you busy, madam?" he asked with a teasing glint, and she got up from her chair

"Maybe. Depends on what do you need my time for." she replied with a similar tease, and meeting him halfway.

He grinned at her attempt of flirting and tugged at her arms to pull her in his own.

And just as they were reveling in each other's warmth, there was a knock on the door. They immediately left each other and stood at some distance.

"Come in." Khushi said and saw her secretory Neha was there

"Ma'm, we are ready for the facility tour, if you are ready then we can start." Neha said and then noticed Arnav sir aka her boss's husband aka ASR there, "Sorry ma'm, I didn't know sir was visiting. Do you want me to reschedule?" she asked.

But both she and Khushi knew this was an important activity and they had already postponed it many times...

Meanwhile, Arnav stood admiring Khushi's bossy demeanor. She had her own empire-maybe small-but her own nevertheless and he felt proud of her!

"Give me 5 minutes Neha" Khushi said and Neha nodded, closing the door behind her back.

Khushi smiled at Arnav sheepishly. "Arnavji, sorry. I didn't know you were coming. We had planned this facility tour for some time." she said, and he shook his head. If anyone, he was the first person to value professional commitments

"You don't have to, Khushi. I came here unplanned, honestly, I took a lucky guess of meeting you. You go ahead and do your magic here; I will wait for my turn at home." he said with a wink.

Hearing his assurance, an elated Khushi kissed his cheek, "See you soon." She said and left for her 'boss duty'!

.

.

Meanwhile, Arnav kept thinking, were they making any record of sorts of having their 'moments' always interrupted?

--*--

Next part on Friday, after 220+ votes on this one

--*--

A/N - Told you, needed some lighthearted fluff after that high tension drama in last 2 chapters :). Maybe doesn't technically include *ahem* romance but still. Besides, kids ARE biggest interrupters in parents romance #fact :P.

I know I am supposed to work on a couple of requests about Pari's chapter (requested by a lot of you), Piya's(Snow and happy's requests) and chiku's interview(mahima's and happy's request), but I think I will only be able to work on them next year now, as I'll be on year end break, soon. Also, pls let me know if I missed any more parked requests, I tend to forget sometimes. Thank you.

p.s. wattpad finally introduced 'like' button for comments. For authors like me who want to reply every single comment, it's a blessing :)