70. Interruptions!

Start from the beginning

But today, she spent extra time in choosing her saree for the evening, did her hair curling them lightly as he had once said he liked, and put on her favorite pearls which she didn't otherwise wear as twins would try to pull it or nibble on it...

Arnav was mesmerized when he saw her, she looked breathtaking as she descended the stairs and came to stand beside him. Nani and others were giving them teasing glances and thankfully, her jiji kept Kavish occupied with some game with Piya.

So far so good.

They reached the restaurant amidst a fuzzy feeling in their stomachs. As if this was their first date and not as a couple who had been married for 9 years! Once they reached the restaurant, Arnav parked the car, opened her side of door and she gave her hand to his extended hand. They entered the restaurant hand in hand, looking forward to this 'date'.

But when had their love story been smooth? :P

Just as they had ordered their appetizers, Khushi's phone rang. It was from Mamiji who was in their room keeping an eye on sleeping twins.

Khushi answered the call, and immediately asked,"Mamiji kya hua, bachhe thik hai(are kids ok)?"

"Woh- Khushi- Pari bitiya uth gayi hai (Pari woke up) and she is crying continuously." Mamiji said, she herself was feeling bad to disturb Arnav and Khushi but their baby just won't stop crying!

Khushi immediately got up from her chair, "Ji, hum aa rahe hain (we are coming back)"

Arnav too had gotten up by then, "What is it?"

"Pari. She is crying."

He nodded and called the manager cancelling their order and apologizing for it. The manager who had only heard praises about ASR and Khushi Singh Raizada till then, saw a new avatar of this power couple, as parents and assured them they had nothing to apologize for. And it would be an honor to serve them again if they ever plan to visit.

Arnav and Khushi gave a small smile to this gentleman and left for home.

.

.

Much later, as Pari had calmed down as soon as Khushi took her in her arms, Arnav was also lying beside them on the bed, with Pari between him and Khushi. He was caressing pari's downy head when he heard Khushi say,

"I am sorry Arnavji. For- for the dinner...which got spoilt..." Khushi said in apologetic tone. She knew how much this 'date' meant to him.

"Sweetheart, you do realize you are talking about our baby here, right? Nothing is important than ensuring my baby's tears stopped. We can always plan the date again; restaurants are not going anywhere neither you and I!" he said cupping her cheeks and she turned her face slightly to kiss his palms.

--*--

A few months ago:

Kids had gone asleep earlier that night much to their parents' relief. Now that their much-active babies were fast asleep, they could spend some time doing some 'grown up' activities!

and just as Arnav had removed the strap of Khushi's nightie, they heard a soft but clear knock on the door which connected kids' room adjoining their bedroom!

Of course, an interruption! Arnav sighed as he rested his forehead on Khushi's. Their moments of romance were too good to be true anyways.

.

.

Arohi had woken up apparently as she saw a 'very very bad dream' where she was left alone in a jungle. And now she couldn't sleep!