Shopping and meeting | 4

"Miss Pearl! Your mother is requesting you for Breakfast," a little house elf announces from behind my closed door. 

     "Thank you, could you please tell her i'll be down in about fifteen minutes?" I tell her while peaking out behind the door from inside my room. 

     "Yes of course." I press my back against the door as shut it. Blinking a few times to clear my eyes and try and pull myself into some kind of consciousness I glance over at the clock.

     "Six O'clock!" I internally scream. I don't think i've woken up before ten since I was a baby. I pull my self up and walk over to the closet trying to shuffle through the numerous pairs of concert outfits and jeans. I'd already ruled out jeans as  they seem a little too muggle for my high society mother. I don't blame her for the fashion choices though. Our name does carry a certain weight especially here in Europe. 

     After much trial and error I find a simple but classy strapless black dress that ended about an inch or two above my knee. I throw on a small jacket adorned with gold accents. I assumed she would want to leave for the shops soon after eating.

     A small house elf escorts me towards a smaller dining area, a simple round table surrounded by a rounded bench at which my mother is already seated deeply engrossed with that days newspaper. 

     "Pearl! wonderful, we should head out to the shops just after breakfast. Want to get the before the usual crowding that happens this close to school." A small smile glances over my lips as I let out a sound of acknowledgement. Quickly scarfing down the food in front of me not wanting to have to make any more small talk than I already have. There is just something about eating a meal without anything to watch, read, or listen to that puts me on edge. My mother finishes her breakfast shortly after. "Well now that, that is done we should head out shouldn't we," she tells flattening out her dress as she stands up starting to walk over to the main foyer. I follow her disappearing footsteps. Her gloved hand encapsulates mine as we step into the fire place. 

"I swear every magical transportation always ends with me getting dust all over my clothes," I say exasperatedly as I wipe the excess floo power from my dress.

     My mothers hand still attached to mine leads me from the fireplace we had just popped out of towards the store. Once inside she goes off to speak with the clerk leaving me to wander. I walk around inspecting the various house crests. 

     "Pearl, over here," my mother calls me over.

     "Hello there miss," a frail woman says, "so you are in for a robe fitting are you now."  

     "Yes, i'm new to England and I don't think Hogwarts would appreciate it if I wore my Ilvermony uniform."

     "Ilvermony how interesting, that's in America," she says excitedly as starting to pin the robe I had put on.

     "Yes, I just moved here yesterday."

     "How exciting, you scared about going to a new school?"

     "Not really i'm pretty personable," we continue to make conversation as she alters the robes. My mother had left for a little to grab a couple more items she thought I should have. 

     "Well, i'm done but your mother isn't back yet is she now?"

     "Doesn't seem so."

     "No matter, you can look around a bit maybe grab some things you can try and convince her to buy," she winks a smile spread across her face. I step off the podium and go back to inspecting the multitude of clothes around the store. The sound of the door opening and closing draws my attention up from the jacket I had been looking at. A group of boys had rushed in. 

     "I just hope that my mother is so obsessed with Regulus that she doesn't notice i'm gone," a tall boy with deep black hair announces emphatically.

     "No offence to your mother Pads but knowing her she probably doesn't even notice Regulus she's so obsessed with herself," a boy with curly brown hair tells the first placing a hand on his shoulder playfully.

     "No offence taken," he chuckles throwing his hands up. I realize I was very obviously eavesdropping on the groups conversation. Trying to make it look like I was actually doing something other than standing and listening I go back to fiddling with the jacket in front of me. "God I can't wait for school to start back up, you guys don't understand the absolute torture that being in the same house with her is like," he starts again, "not to mention that soiree season is still going, i'm not even joking if I have to wear a suit with tails one more time I might just kill myself."

     "Definitely don't do that," another boy speaks up. This one almost as tall as the first except for his sandy brown hair and the scars littered across his face. 

     "Pearl!" my head whips towards the counter. My mother is stood in front of the cashier holding my now perfectly fitted robes in one hand and waving me down with the other. I walk over a few other items including a scarf and a simple sweater in my hands. "That's a cute jumper." She tells me as she pays. My back presses into the counter. I look up from my feet to see all four boys staring at me. I stand up a little under their gaze forcing a small smile onto my lips not wanting to seem rude before I turn back towards the counter. A glance over my shoulder towards the group shows they've returned to their conversation allowing me relax a little. I relax even more when as we walk past them on our way to the door as I hear the black haired boy say, "you guys seriously don't know who that is?"