Dinner Confessions | 3

"Fonly, would you grab Pearl? I'd like to have her down for dinner." The little house elf looks up at her.

     "Absolutely, madam," with that she rushes away. A knock on the door sounds. I jump up from the bed my head whips around. "Miss Pearl, your mother is requesting you down for dinner," a muffled voice tells me from the behind the door.

     "Thank you, tell her i'll be down in about five minutes." I hear footstep recede down the hallway and throw on a light jumper over the clothes I had already been wearing. Once I get back down stairs, another house elf leads me into a small dining room. My mother is already sat on one side of the rounded table. The house elf pulls out the only other chair. "So what's on the menu for tonight?"

     "Nothing to special, a small roast and some corn bread. I thought I'd keep it simple." A laugh is caught at the back of my throat at the thought of that being a simple meal. Back in America me and my father would order out basically every night. 

     "Sounds great!" I a small smile dawns my face my mind wandering back to spending long nights in the back of my tour bus with my dad eating cold pizza and gossiping like teenage girls. My mother doesn't dig into the sudden silence that had just cloaked the room instead opting to move the conversation to something she was more comfortable with high society.

     "I was thinking that along with a robe fitting tomorrow if you'd like to go dress shopping for the upcoming soiree that the Black's tomorrow?" a slight forcefulness finds its way into her voice telling me I have little choice in the matter.

     "Sounds wonderful," I respond not wanting to fight the first night.

     "You know Pearl your of the age in pureblood society that thinking of a suitor isn't such a crazy idea and the Black's have a boy just your age," she brings up not so subtly hinting at a courtship of us two. I roll my eyes at the idea of such a formal and strict dating scene lets just say some ships sail faster than others and being a famous rockstar and being sixteen has its perks when it comes to getting guys.  

     "I'll be sure to present myself well."

     "Great! well now that, that is settled shall we eat?"