𝙰𝚒𝚛 𝚠𝚞𝚋𝚋𝚘𝚡 𝚇 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛 || What is that melody?

sorry not sorry
reader uses they/them :)
Wubbox uses he/him

_____

It was...crowded. Monsters were all around the strange box that stood before them. You turned your head towards stoowarb and asked, "What is this?" Stoowarb responded with "Must be a new wubbox!" and you couldn't be more confused than ever.

___

This..creature was standing here. I- why is there more sound? Isn't air island already crowded enough? But all of the sudden..
*Clink.*
"Hm?" I turned my head to the strange thing.
*Clink*
*Clink*
It fell apart, then...
It revealed something.
It looks like..
"Told you (Y/N)." Stoowarb said. Sto lightly nudged my arm and I laughed a little. I just looked at the new wubbox, maybe I can be friends with it? I mean, this thing looks-
AH WTF

"GAHGHHHHHHHH" The wubbox screamed holy OH MY GOD IT SCREAMS. I covered my ears. This is going to take a while to get used to...

___

It's been a while, let's say about 6 months since the new wubbox has arrived. As loud as he sounds he gets drowned out by the other monsters. I kinda feel bad for the guy, whenever the player would go to another island we would all stop singing and do some random stuff. I was in my house doing something. I was creating something for Air wubbox. I really wanted him to actually speak instead of yell. I glanced outside to see him on a rock. He looks lonely..hmm.. Maybe I should talk to him. I put my creation down and walked outside the house.

I made small talk with Sto before I continue to walk to the rock. Eventually, I made it to the rock and looked at him. Damn this guy was taller than me. He was currently fiddling with something. Maybe he was fiddling with his old looking helmet? Who knows. I sat with him and he looks at me with a confused look.

"..Hey." I wasn't really...good at speaking conversations. The wubbox just waved at me. "So um..I've noticed that you were lonely and uh..yeah I just wanted to see if you needed any company.." ..Silence filled the air. I forgot the wubbox can't speak god damnit.

"Um...You can jot your thoughts and stuff down on my sketchbook. I don't mind." I gave him the sketchbook and I swear I saw him flap his wings. It would of been cute had they not almost kill me. He then realized he can't write because of his hands for stubs. "Fuck- um..sorry hehe..." I awkwardly grabbed the sketchbook and looked away. "Well uh..I can get one of the other wubboxes to help you if that's what you wish." He nods and I smile. "Alright. I'll go get one." I got up and went to go find a wubbox. It didn't take long before I found rare wubbox talking to someone. "See you!" Rare said. I tapped him on the shoulder. "Oh? Hey (Y/N)! What is it that you need?" "Well..I'm trying to communicate with Air wubbox but it seems as if he cant do so because of his inability to talk and the fact that he doesnt have hands like you guys." He nods and we both walk to air. "Air, I brought Rare!"  He flapped his wings happily and let's just say...we bonded a lot.

___

He was currently sitting in my room.  I was currently tinkering with the creation I've been working on.  I gave him actual working hands so he can write stuff in my sketchbook yay.  They have to change back to avoid the player noticing though.  He wrote something down and used his wing to get my attention.  I spun my head around to look what he wrote.  'Is it done yet?'  "Almost done, air.  You never know if this might fail again." I said.  I pointed towards the multiple prototypes that failed.  He looked at the pile and was surprised.  "..Done.  Okay, let's review.  When I put it inside your chest, if your chest opens and literally spits the thing out it doesn't want it and it failed.  BUTTTT if your chest starts glowing then that means it works and you get to speak freely like me, barbie reject and sto."  I pet air to make him open his chest.  "Okay...this time it will work."  I put the creation into his chest and it closed.  I waited, and waited..
and waited...
....
Why is this taking too long?
Did it not work?
I mean, it probably...
...
why is it
I looked at his chest and it was...glowing.
Holy...
"...IT WORKED!"  I happily hugged air wubbox.  "FINALLY I GET TO HEAR YOUR HOT— I MEAN VOICE!"  It went silent...until..

"..Did you just call my voice hot?"

I blushed.

This was going to be a long day...

____

A couple of weeks has past and he was chatting with rare wubbox about them (A/N: reminder that you use they/them pronouns yay).  God he loved them.  They were so caring and nice to him!  It was just...yes!

"...And I don't know what to do!  Do I take them on a date?  Like, WHAT DO I DO?!" I shook rare wubbox.  "Calm down!  Hehe, seems like you got a crush on (Y/N)!  Well, from what I know about them, you just need to relax!  You guys did know each other for a few months; maybe a year now but that really doesn't matter.  If you want, I can help you!  You deserve them!  You guys would look so cute together!  I can see it!  Don't stress yourself about love too!  Well, people feel stressed when confessing so..anyways it's better to confess later, but don't wait too long.  It's better to live in rejection than live in regret, alright?"  Rare said.  I slowly nodded.  "Good!  Now go to their room and show em who loves them!"  Rare pushed me and I laughed a little.  First, I needed a gift.

-----

I was talking to stoowarb in my room about my... problem.

"And it's just, he's so...god he's so sweet!  He cares about me, he's kind I love that idiot!  Do you have anything—"  There was a knock at my door.  "Ah, someone's at my door.  I'll get it."  I got up and walked to my door.  As soon as I opened my door, I blushed.  There stood air with a tux on.  He had flowers with him.  "U-um.." He was trying to find the words to say.

"..Why are you.. like that..?"  I said.  He walked in and closed the door.  "W-well..." I stood there.  I led him to the couch and sat down with him.  "Yeah?"

"LOOKUMIREALLYLIKEYOUILIKEHOWYOUHOLDMEILIKEHOWYOUCAREFORMEANDIREALLYLOVEYOUSOMUCHALRIGHTIJUSTWASTOOSCAREDTOSAYANYTHINGBECAUSEITHOUGHTYOUWOULD—"

"Woah woah!  Slow down buddy!  Your wings are gonna tear my couch."  I stopped his wings, but suffered a cut.  Ouch.  "Ow..Well I'll treat this soon.  Now say it slowly..hehe.."  I leaned onto air and I swear to god he was probably overheating.

"Well...I really um...oh...here.. these are for you.."  He handed me the flowers, but before I could speak he continued.

"..I like you.  I like how you hold me, care for me, and I just really love you!  I...I was too scared to say anything..and I—"
He got cut off with a pair of lips on his.
His eyes widened.  Soon, he kissed back, his hands going to my waist as he pulled me closer.  I wrapped my arms around his neck.  We then pulled away and looked at each other.  "Hehe..."

"I like you too, air~"

----

Stoowarb was going to go home since it was dark.  He went down the stairs and saw you two cuddled on the couch.  Hand in hand you guys were asleep.  "Aww.."  He smiled before leaving the two lovebirds.

----

    Okay If this message gets like 5 of this emoji right here --> 🤨 I'll make a smut of you and air wubbox /srs

Indoor percussion starts tomorrow so yay but also nay because I won't be about to y'know work on stuff so yeah

hope you liked this 😋
let's see who's down bad enough to want a smut