Welcome | 2

A sigh escapes my lips as the cab pulls up to the large gate that marks the entrance of my mother's "house". I use the word house loosely. You see my mother comes from a very wealthy high class wizarding family. They basically created The Sacred 28. Never the less to say that the so called "house" was more like a castle. 

     My mother and I were now stood outside of the front door. It creaks open a little as a small house elf peaks her head out. She quickly recognizes my mother and opens the door entirely ushering us inside and taking our coats. My eyes scan around the room. High arches and marble detailing encapsulate the room.

     "Come, come, I'll show you to your room, your bags should already be in there," my mother speaks as she speeds away. Her voice pulls me back to reality as I look towards her disappearing figure.

     "I'm coming," I respond as I skip to catch up. 

     "So I had already sent your application to Hogwarts, you got in of course," she chuckles at the thought our name getting rejected, "and I had Kibsky, one of our house elves, go pick up your books, however, we still need to go and get your robes fitted, are you good to go tomorrow or would you like to settle in a little more?" 

     "Tomorrow... sounds good," I distractedly tell. My mind wanders as we wind through the myriad of corridors. 

     "Great! oh and here we are perfect timing." The clack of our footsteps ceases as we come to a decorated doorway. "Make yourself at home, i'll be in the sun room, there is a little bell on the desk if you need any assistance finding your way around," She gestures to a gold bell that's sat on a large mahogany table, "And listen I know you're probably annoyed about coming here but trust me Pearl it's for the best, your father just isn't the man he used to be," she finished her voice fading out at the end remorse lingering in the air.

     "Thanks," my eyes look down only glancing up to meet my mothers for a split second showing my acknowledgment.

    "Yes, I really should have a map made up one of these days," she smiles at me then turns away. I take a step into my new room taking it all in. It's such a weird feeling knowing that your leaving an entire life behind you, knowing that this new place will soon just be another place. I can't force myself to unpack the boxes that sat looming in front of me. It would make the situation I was now in too real so for now I only take out my records.