Ch 14: Mike

Hours pass while Mike cleaned his room. Afterward, the phone started to ring, so he picked it up. "Hey, Mike! It's Lucas" Lucas exclaimed, Mike was half-hoping for... someone else, but he answered him "Hey, man. What's up?" he asked. "Max just told me about some party an upperclassman is throwing tomorrow night, wanna go?" Lucas answered, Mike was excited at the thought, but then a question came to his head "Uh- do you know who's gonna be there?", Mike added. Lucas replied by saying "No but I'm assuming the whole gang. Plus of course like, half the school,", Mike was thinking about the whole gang part of it, and contemplated if he would go.

Finally he replied, "Yeah sure, sound like fun," Mike said, before hanging up the phone. He sighed as he flopped down onto his freshly made bed. Unknowingly, Mike fell back to sleep in a matter of minutes.

A few hours later, Karen walked into the room, to see Mike laying on his bed, fast asleep. She signed and collected herself as she said, "Mike! Wake up, what are you doing?" She exclaimed.

With this shout, Mike shot awake. At first, he was a little disoriented, but then he got his senses back. "Uh, sorry. I stayed up last night,", Mike didn't quite know what his mother had said to him, but he guessed from her face. Karen left his room with an "Ugh" as she left, and Mike flopped back down onto his bed. He didn't feel like doing anything that day, just wanted to stare at his ceiling for the rest of it.

Eventually, Mike decided to get up and go to kitchen to eat. When he got there, he was greeted by his father, Ted, who promptly said without looking up from his newspaper, "Micheal your bike is still on the front lawn, rusting. Go get it, now," after this Mike didn't say anything and made his way to the lawn.

As he opened the front door, he saw his bike, and started toward it. Right after he picked up the perfectly fine, non rusty bike, Mike saw him. Will was riding past his house with El and Max, who didn't seem to notice him, but Mike could see Will staring right at his house, and then realized that Mike was standing right in front of it.

Mikes heart race started to increase, and his eyes widened as he turned around, trying to evert his gaze from Wills direction out of embarrassment from the other day. Will didn't do anything wrong to Mike, but Mike felt awkward around him or thinking about him since then.

The next day~

Mike was about to leave for the party at the seniors house, meeting Dustin and Lucas there. Mike couldn't decide between wearing a tee shirt or a button up, but he landed in the tee since his dad thought the button up looked "sensible".

Mike got to the door and shut it behind him, walking towards his bike. He got on it and met Dustin and Lucas about halfway to the house. "Hey guys!" Mike yelled, Dustin raised his hand to say hi and Lucas laughed. "Dude, this party's gonna be so fun, I might hangout with the guys on the basketball team for some of the night though, I'll try to get away," said Lucas.

The boys arrived at the house, and immediately saw 3 familiar bikes already parked: El's, Max's, and Will's. They went inside to be met by loud music and a giant room full of well over 100 people. "This guys gotta be rich or something" Dustin said in disbelief at the sight of the scale of the room. Mike detached himself for a moment to get himself a water, and then there he was at the water table.