Ch 4: Mike

When Will had gotten on the bike behind Mike, Mike felt butterflies and his face went red with embarrassment. Yet, he took off and they started going to Wills house, which was actually Hoppers new nice house, but the Byers have been staying there since they moved back from California.

Every time the road got more bumpy, Will would clutch Mikes torso a little tighter and continuously told Mike to be careful, which Mike would just laugh at, without realizing how much he was blushing at this.

Finally, when they pulled into the driveway, Will and Mike got off of the bike and opended the front door. Mike looked over at Will while he was shouting "Mom, I'm home! Mikes here, too!", Joyce came into the room saying hi to us, "Hi, Mrs Byers." Mike said as they walked to Wills room.

Mike noticed that this room was more vibrant than Wills room in his old house, the walls were painted a light baby blue with posters around it, and a cool neon wall light shaped like a lightning bolt. While Mike was admiring the new room, Will presented Mike with the painting.

As soon as Mike saw it, a huge smile came across his face; the painting was him, Will, Dustin, and Lucas in their dnd forms fighting a 3 headed dragon. He noticed that all of them had their own symbol on their outfits, and on Mikes suit of armor, there was a heart.

Mike stared in awe, entranced by the painting for a full minute without saying anything, taking in all of the detail that was added into it. Eventually Will timidly asked, "What do you think?", Mike thought his feeling were pretty obvious, but he replied "What do I think? Will, this is amazing!", Will was about to talk as Mikes breathing became pitched and full of sharp inhaled, and he found himself looking at Wills lips. "Well, El told me what to draw, she basically commissioned it." Mike was slightly disappointed with this response, but at the same time did not fully believe it.

Mike looked to the left to see a rack of pictures that Will drew, and swiftly walked over to it and looked through them. They were all amazing, and so different to one another.

"Oh," commented Will "those aren't my best work, I was really tired and bored when I was making some of them", Mike disagreed very much on this, and said "Well then can I take a few, I can add them to my collection.", (Mike has Wills drawing from when they were young plastered on his walls) Will blushed and looked down at his feet and said "Um, y-yeah sure, if you want." Mikes smile came back and he said "I do. Thanks!".

Once again, the silence in the room was suffocating, but Mike didn't see this as an awkward silence, he was silently admiring all of the drawings in Wills room. He saw on Wills dresser there was a picture of the four of them in 8th grade Halloween, with their ghost busters costumes on.

As if on que, Joyce walked into the room to tell Will that Jonathan was home. Mike quickly collected the drawings that he wanted to take and right as he was about to leave, and he heard Wills voice, "You're forgetting your painting," said Will, Mike turned around, slightly surprised, and grabbed the painting from Wills hand and said goodbye to him, and biked home. On the way back, Mike was on cloud 9, thinking about Will and how nice it's been since he moved back, and he realized how robbed he felt when Will was still in California.