Ch 11: Will

Will was standing relatively near the room where Mike and El were, seeing if he could over hear anything that they were talking about. Nothing. It seems like they didn't want anything to be overheard, hence the muffled talking.

After about 5 minutes of this, Will went back to the couch to continue watching TV. He was about to get up and go to his room when Mike bursted out of El's room and walked straight up to Will. Will didn't know what was going on, but the next thing he knew, Will was trapped in a tight hug.

After the moment passed, Will saw Mike walk over to the painting that he had brought to the pool earlier that day. At first Will didn't know exactly what he was doing, but then it dawned on him that Mike was going to look at it. After Mike picked it up, he began to scan the paper.

Will was nervous, but was secretly very proud about this painting, thinking it was better than most of his others. Mikes smile slowly faded as he looked a little away from the painting, looking thoughtful. Mike dropped the painting on a table and looked like he had just seen a ghost. Mike then said he had to go without darting a look at Will, and bolted out of the door.

Will was left standing in the living room, profoundly confused in the situation he just encountered. Will picked up the paper, to see if anything was wrong with it, but he saw nothing out of the ordinary, just flowers. Will stared at it for a while, until El came out of her room to say goodnight.

Will put down the painting and turned to El, " 'night, El. Hey, are you ok?" El took a deep breath, a replied by saying "Yeah, yeah I am. Good night!" She seemed at peace while saying this, then she turned away and went back to her room.

The room became still again, and lonely. Will decided that he would go to sleep as well, and think about what has happened. What did Mike see? Why did he leave like that? Was it something Will did? That night, those questions raced Wills mind. He couldn't sleep, so instead he got up out of his bed.

Will walked around his room a few times before deciding on looking at some old pictures from a box in his closet. As Will was looking at these, he realized that most of them included his friends, and... Mike.

Will flipped through these pictures from a little while, until he started to feel tired again, and then put away the pictures, turned off the lights, and crawled into his bed. Will closed his eyes until sleep overcame him.