𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 83: 𝑆𝑒𝑘𝑎𝑖 𝑆ℎ𝑜𝑤𝑐𝑎𝑠𝑒

Start from the beginning

"It's ok, Sensei." I chuckled. "You don't have to worry about me running away to find my dad. Trust me, that's the last thing I would ever want to do."

"Yeah, I hear ya." Sensei chuckled too. "And... is everything ok with..." He nodded behind me. I glanced back, my eyes landing on Eli, who was doing forms again with Miguel and Robby.

I looked back to Sensei. "Oh, yeah, everything is good now. Thanks, Sensei."

"No problem, kid. Let me know if I ever have to kick his ass though. I've been to jail for assaulting minors before, and I'll do it again if you need me to."

I laughed out loud. "Thanks sensei, I'll keep that in mind." I began walking back a few steps.

"Go finish warming up. You'll need it for today." Sensei pointed at me. I nodded, "Yes sir."

Practice begun soon after. The three senseis had thought up the perfect presentation for tomorrow, and everyone had a special role to play in it.

Most of the day was spent practicing our individual showcases, while the rest was practicing our group ones. All three senseis helped all the students, rotating around to make sure everyone was doing better than their best.

I was in a showcase on my own, while Miguel, Robby, and Eli did one together. I wasn't able to see what they were going to do together, and they didn't see what I was doing.

I'm excited to see what they're doing tomorrow, and I hope they don't blow it. Although, truthfully speaking, I'm too busy worrying whether I will blow it or not...

After practice, Robby, Miguel, Eli and I got back in my car and went home. But first, I went to drop off Eli at his house.

I pulled up outside, the sky darkening. Eli said goodbye to Miguel and Robby, before pulling me in for a quick kiss. He said goodbye to me, before leaving the car and beginning to make his way to to his house.

I watched him leave for a couple seconds, before I unbuckled and opened the door. "I'll be right back, guys," I said to Robby and Miguel, before getting out of the car and shutting the door behind me.

Eli heard the noise, and looked towards me as I jogged up to him. He turned all the way around, facing me now.

"What's up?" Eli asked. I looked at him silently, letting out a deep breath. It felt like my heart was beating in my throat.

"Y/n... I can tell you're nervous."

I looked to the ground, not sure what to say. Eli put a finger under my chin and softly directed my gaze up to him again.

"You're not going to mess things up for everyone," he told me. I furrowed my eyebrows, giving him a questioning look. "How'd you know that's what I was thinking?"

"Because I know you, Y/n. I know how you feel about these kinds of things, especially after the All Valley. But I also know that you are going to kill it tomorrow. We wouldn't have a chance without you there." Eli cupped my cheek with his hand.

I sighed, somewhat reassured by his words. "How do you always know exactly what to say?" I asked.

He chuckled, his handsome smile shining in the darkness. He leaned in and connected our lips again. "Because I love you."

I smiled, my face warming. We hugged, our arms wrapping around each other. "I love you too," I said.

"Shall I walk you to your car, my lady?" he asked playfully, holding out his hand. I smiled, putting my hand in his. "Yes, you may."

He walked me those few steps back to my car, where he opened the door for me and made sure I was settled before he shut it again.

He waved one final time, before turning around and heading toward his front door once more.