𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9: 𝐾𝑦𝑙𝑒𝑟

It wasn't easy, but Miguel and I were able to convince Ms. Diaz to let Miguel do karate again. Sensei told us that we have to be prepared to take lessons to the next level, whatever that means.

We started training again the next day. And he wasn't kidding when he said it was gonna be harder. He shot us with baseballs, put us in a chokehold that we had to figure out how to get out of, tested our reflexes, had us do long runs, made us work out at home before school, and all these other tiring things.

But, I guess they weren't all for the fun of it, because we ended up getting the hang of it. We're able to slither, block, and preserve our energy in a fight.

We were practicing the way of the fist, when someone walks into the dojo.

"What the hell... no yoga till 5! No matter how bad you need it!" Sensei yelled to the person. "I'm actually here for Karate...." the girl said. My eyes widened. I looked over to Miguel who also looked surprised. The girl looked familiar. I think I've seen her around school.

"I appreciate you coming in, but there's no girls in Cobra Kai." Sensei said. "But you let her in!" The girl said, pointing to me. "Yeah, well she's an exception. I was forced to let her in." He said, looking at me and then back at the girl. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Uh Sensei, I need to show you something in the office." Miguel said, as he and Johnny started walking to the office. Miguel grabbed my arm and pulled me into the office too.

"Don't give me this sexist bullshit, alright? I'm just saying that women aren't meant to fight. They have tiny, hollow bones." Sensei said to us. "But aren't you desperate for new students? Besides, it sucks being the only girl." I said to Sensei.

"Yes, but this isn't a knitting class, this is a dojo." He said to me. "Look, the kids at a school call her names and make fun of her-" Miguel started to say before Johnny cut him off. "Yeah, that's what happens when you eat an entire box of Twinkies everyday." Johnny said.

I let out a sigh and mentally facepalmed as I looked down at the ground.

Miguel said that her dad is a famous athlete, and that he's loaded with money. Once Sensei heard that, he decided to walk out of the office. Me and Miguel followed behind.

Sensei made Miguel and the new girl spar. Why he didn't choose me? I have no idea. I like to think it's because I'm super strong and he doesn't want permanent damage to the girl, but who knows.

The girl ended up doing pretty good! I was impressed! It turns out her name is Aisha. I congratulated her after the spar, and she was super kind to me. I hope her and I are gonna be good friends. It's gonna be nice not being the only girl now.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I woke up early again this morning to do some workouts before school. Me and Miguel meet in the small courtyard that connects our apartments so we could do it together.

After we were done, we freshened up a bit, grabbed our school bags, and started to walk to school.

It didn't take long before we got there. But when we arrived, I saw Demitri and Eli standing outside, looking around. "I'll let you guys talk." Miguel said as we approached the two boys. Miguel continued to walk into the school while Eli, Demitri, and I stood outside.

"Listen, y/n, we're sorry. If there's anything we can do to-" Eli started to say before I cut him off. "It's alright, guys. I forgive you. It was stupid of me to only look at one side of the story. I'm sorry too. The truth is, I don't want you guys hurt either" I said quickly, looking mostly at Eli.