𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 80: 𝐴𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑑𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒

After everyone was finished eating, I helped Rosa and Carmen clean up a bit.

I brought them plates from the table, which they cleaned and dried. While they did that, I cleaned and straightened up the table.

Miguel walked over to the table. He leaned against it, looking at me as I cleaned. "Wanna talk now?" he asked me.

I looked at him as I thought for a moment. I decided, shaking my head. "Not tonight," I answered.

Miguel nodded understandingly, before taking the remaining plates out of my hands. "Go get some rest. We'll try again tomorrow." He smiled warmly.

I let a long breath out, smiling back slightly, before I nodded my head. Miguel walked the plates into the kitchen.

I said goodbye to everyone, thanking them again for the dinner, before leaving the Diaz apartment and entering my own.

It was late now, so I changed into more comfortable clothes and laid in bed. I thought about my fight with Eli.

Not only did I think about the words exchanged and the purposes of it, but I began thinking about my mom... And how much I missed her.

Soon, I began crying again. There's just some things that you can't hold back tears for. And this, was one of those things. It makes me want to go visit her.

But it was too late to go there now, so I stayed in bed—quietly weeping until I fell asleep.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

I sat in Miguel's room with him as I told him about what happened between Eli and I last night.

Miguel looked at me with sympathy after I finished. "I'm sorry that happened, Y/n," he said. I put my palms on my forehead, stressed and angry about the whole situation.

"I can't believe what he said to me... Those words just keep replaying in my head. He acted like I was the one getting played. Like I didn't know what I was doing. As if I hadn't been through it..." I spoke quietly.

"You're right. He was out of line. But trust me when I say this, y/n, he didn't mean it. He didn't know the situation," Miguel told me.

I shook my head. "He still said it. Instead of just trusting me, he had to go and assume the worst."

It was quiet between us for a moment. Miguel began speaking, when there was a knock at his door. The door opened, revealing a smiling Robby.

"Miguel, did you see the new..." Robby's sentence trailed off when he saw me. He looked between Miguel and I, thinking of what to say.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt..." Robby took a step back. I shook my head, standing up. "It's ok, Robby. I was just about to leave anyway."

I gave a small nod to the both of them, before walking past Robby and out of the apartment. I turned towards my apartment, but stopped in place.

Eli was standing out front.

I heard a small noise behind me, and looked to see Miguel in the doorway of his apartment, watching us. "Did you know he'd be here?" I asked Miguel.

Miguel shrugged his shoulders apologetically. I rolled my eyes and looked back towards Eli. He took a few steps towards me. I looked down, quickly walking right past him and toward the door to my apartment.

"Y/n, please. Just wait a second," Eli pleaded, following me. I shook my head without a word. I tried to unlock the door, but the keys kept fumbling in my hand.