Post-Blip

Two months after Endgame/Four months before The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

(This will just focus on Bucky as Sam and Gianna are busy prepping a wedding, saving the world, and spending time with his family. Show chapters begin next Friday!)

Bucky left his therapy session and as he was walking along the streets of Brooklyn, he passed a woman trying to get her daughter to follow.

Against his better judgment, he decided to intervene. "Can I do anything to help?"

The woman looked up at him and shook her head. "No, we're fine. Mara, let's go. We're going to be late."

"I hate the dentist!" Mara yelled.

"I know, but we need to make sure your teeth are nice and strong."

"No!"

Bucky knelt in front of Mara, trying to ignore the woman's look. "Hey. I know the dentist can be scary. But something tells me you're really brave."

Mara looked at Bucky and nodded. "Mama says I'm the bravest."

"I have the feeling your mom is right. You know, I know superheroes, and a lot of them have fears too."

She tilted her head. "Do you have fears?"

"Yeah, I do. But I try to face my fears everyday, and that helps me get through them."

Mara nodded slowly. "Then I'll go to the dentist like a superhero."

"That sounds like a great idea." He stood.

Mara took her mother's hand. "Okay, Mama, let's go. I'm sorry."

The woman smiled. "That's all right. Give me a moment." She turned to Bucky. "Thank you."

He nodded. "It was the least I could do."

"If I ever see you around again, I'm Sally Henderson."

"Bucky Barnes."

"Nice to meet you, Bucky."

She began walking away and Bucky, without much thought, said, "Can I buy you a drink sometime?"

Sally considered his offer and nodded. "I'd like that."

The two exchanged numbers and Sally smiled. "I'll see you later, Bucky."

"See you soon, Sally," he replied with a small smile.

Mara waved. "Bye, Bucky!"

Bucky waved back, still smiling.