Meet Jinn Tiole

Hello, folks! Are you ready to meet an awesome sci-fi writer? Say hello to Jinn Tiole (jinnis)! She is the author of Keeper of the Sleeping Minds, an exciting space adventure!

The only solution to save humanity is to leave plague-ridden Earth for good

The only solution to save humanity is to leave plague-ridden Earth for good. But can a plan born out of desperation bring back the lost innocence of the human community?

Fiona is a survivor, immune to the virus that ravaged the population of Earth. Caught and used as a test subject, her bleak outlook on life changes when she becomes part of a secret development team. Their task? To find a new home for the remaining humans.

__________

AUTHOR BIO: I started writing on Wattpad in 2012 first in the genre fantasy, but soon switched to science fiction and later paranormal mysteries. Currently I write both in German and English when I find the time. Aside from writing, I love hiking, sailing, diving, the great outdoors in general. I'm sure this shows in my stories...

1. Hi Jinn, we're delighted to have you with us today! Let's start. Tell us something surprising about yourself.

Surprising? Hm. I consider English as my fourth language, and a few years back, I would have laughed if someone told me I'd once write stories in English.

2. When did you start writing? How has your writing journey been so far?

I started making up stories at a young age, but I guess I wrote down the first one only when I was eleven or twelve. I never showed my stories to anyone until I found Wattpad, though. Here, I met a lot of likeminded writers and genuine support. This helped me grow much as a writer.

3. How did you come up with the idea for your story? And what are your inspirations for the world you have created?

The story was written for a contest on the ambassador run science fiction profile on Wattpad. It's based on our present day Earth, but suffering from a pandemic far worse than Covid. It is a "what-if" story — what would humanity do if Earth became uninhabitable?

4. Tell us about the main character and what is special about them.

Fiona is one of the survivors, as those immune to the plague are called. She has lost everyone and everything, but still stands up and follows her heart at the point where it matters.

5. If you could be a character in your story, who would it be and why?

It's not a world I'd like to live in for the most part. Although in the end, the remaining humans find their place in the universe and their peace. I guess I'd be either Gina or Lynn. They have both traits from me. But they both don't make it to paradise.

6. What challenges did you face while writing this story?

It was the first longer story I wrote in English and under severe time restrictions due to the contest. I almost didn't make it, and I think I wasn't satisfied with it until I did a serious edit after the contest.

7. What are your favorite books? Both on and outside Wattpad?

There's hardly enough room to list all my favourites. I discovered my love for a good adventure story while reading Jack London and Jules Verne. I love the masters of science fiction from Asimov or Adams to Zelazny. C.J. Cherryh's world building was a major influence for my own writing. And I'm an absolute fan of Tim Power's genre bending paranormal-SciFi-time travel-horror stories.

8. If you could give any advice to your fellow writers, what would it be?

I think each writer has their own approach to writing. We're not all the same and what works for me might be crap for someone else. Thus, I think it's important to follow your own path. Explore, play around, discover what works for you—and never forget that writing should be fun.

__________

Thank you so much, Jinn, for joining us today. And all of you reading, we hope you found that inspirational! Give her stories some love!

See you again soon!