Of course, the brothers had considered the lyre's fragility, but that simply made it more fun, and they shared a cheeky grin when Clarion placed her chin in her hands and rested the back of her biceps against Ellis's back to steady herself. She snapped, "Can you not do that? It's delicate!"

"Just like you, then," Ellis's gravelly voice reverberated through Clarion's torso with an uncomfortable buzz, and she once more resorted to pounding at his back (she was offended he didn't seem to notice) until he dropped her onto the dirt with a huff. Neither could recall a time they'd spoken before.

"Look, Clarion," Travis approached, cradling her lyre so it rested against his torso, his fingertips hovering dramatically around the strings as though he planned to sing, "We're all on a team for this game - we're all working together - and no one wants to name names, but there are some of us who are a weaker link than others. And we just want to help you."

"You suck," Ellis chuckled humorlessly.

In any situation, the son of Ares found her battle prowess (or more accurately, lack there-of) amusing, but now he was stuck on a team with her. Every camper counted against the Hunters. He refused to be dragged down by the Jungs - either of them. He was waiting for Silena to bring Winnie down, too. None of them could lie and say Clarion or her sister held even the slightest hint of a warrior, but Ellis would be damned if he didn't try to shape them like clay and chisel away at their serenity. He'd heard through the grapevine that Winnie's father sent her to camp after she was kicked out of school for getting into fights, but he'd never been able to believe it (she had been ten, but Travis said she insisted they deserved it).

Clarion crossed her arms over her chest and shifted her weight to one foot, watching as Ellis strode towards a sword rack and pulled one out, testing its weight. He swung it experimentally and studied her from afar; he shook his head and put it back before taking another out and repeating the process. Travis began to aimlessly pluck at Clarion's lyre's strings, despite her mouthing terrible threats at him and making a slicing motion against her throat with her pointer finger.

As Ellis pulled out the fifth sword, something caught Clarion's eye and she turned to see Silena Beauregard walking down the path and waving her arms expressively to distract the girl beside her. It took Clarion a moment to make out her sister's newly-cut hair, and she took a moment to contemplate whether she should wave her arms to get her sister's attention (so Winnie could flee while she still could) or if she should let her sister suffer with her. She decided to stand still and instead turned back to Travis to mouth one final threat.

Winnie wasn't sure what to think when she saw Clarion on the field with the Stolls and the son of Ares whose name she didn't know (all she knew was that she was terrified of him). Silena had brought her out for a walk and insisted she bring her bronze sceptre, because the blue-eyed girl wanted to try it out. She was definitely the only person (maybe Clarion, but she typically tended to lose things) that Winnie would trust to handle her mother's gift (which hadn't even been directly from her mother - Chiron had dug it out of the attic for her).

Silena intertwined her arms with Winnie and pulled her close towards the arena, even as Winnie began to dig her heels into the dirt and began to stammer, "Wait - what are we - you're not serious... oh, fuck this!"

Just as it was far too late for Clarion, Winnie was forced into the arena with a hefty shove, and Silena tossed her sceptre into Connor's outstretched hands. Of course Winnie wouldn't leave when her weapon was left in his slippery palms. He'd definitely break it! It was a thin rod, topped by a bronze ring with a thin sharpened point running through (not very peaceful, she thought). Sher nervously moved to stand behind her sister, who looked just as nervous as Winnie felt. Neither were good at fighting - both hated training. It was understandable, both thought, considering their mothers. Calliope, the Muse of epics, and Eirene - the goddess of peace - weren't warriors. Neither sister could hold a torch to the other campers.