5x14 - New New York

I GOT OFF THE TRAIN after a two-hour ride from New Haven to New York

I GOT OFF THE TRAIN after a two-hour ride from New Haven to New York. It has been a month since I last saw anybody that wasn't Quinn.

Before I left for New Haven with Quinn, she came to live with me in New York for a month with everyone else. The apartment was a little crowded, but we got through.

I walked through the crowd as I left for the exit. My headphones were still on, so I couldn't really hear what was going on around me.

"Sofia!"

I'm immediately caught off guard as someone pulls me into a tight hug from behind. I quickly turn around to see Rachel happily staring at me and I smile.

"Rachel, next time warn me before pulling me into a hug when I'm at the subway alone." I tell her and she laughs, "wow, have I missed you."

She smiles at me again before pulling me into a comforting hug.

"So," I pull away from the hug," What did I miss?"

Rachel laughs, "Oh honey, you've missed a lot."

~~~~~~~

Later that day, I met up with everyone to say hello. We were waiting on the side of the street for Rachel to arrive since she was running late.

A couple of minutes later, a car parks across the street from us. We watched Rachel get out of her car in shock since those are really expensive here.

Rachel smiled as she made her way over to us, "I can call him any time of day, he's amazing. He doesn't even say a word. It's like living in a high-end coffee commercial every day."

"Unbelievable."

"So, where are we going for lunch?" Jay asks.

"Someplace cheap or free?" Sam adds.

"No, it is my treat and my ride. You guys have been so great and so emotionally supportive of me during the entire out-of-town Funny Girl run." Rachel tells us.

"And for your move back to the loft, which you never carried your own clothes or furniture." Kurt reminds her.

"It's heavy." Rachel defends and we laugh, "Come on, we're going. We're gonna go to the Odeon. Okay, like, I've been really good lately."

"Oh, you have."

"Everyone from Broadway goes. And it's so cool! I don't know, probably just like...rather than getting a side salad." Rachel explains as we walk down to her ride.

"Can we pop the trunk?" She asks.

"Trunk is full." The driver informs her.

"Can I sit in the front then?" Rachel asks.

"Full, too."

"Well..."

"Oh, it's okay. Sam, Bella, Jay, and I can just meet you there. Right, guys?" Artie asks them.