CHAPTER TWO: Waking up

Marian POV

Beep. Beep. Beep

"I don't know what to do. I think we should take her out of here. It's almost two weeks and she won't wake up" I hear a deep masculine voice speak clearly tired.

"Then you should have left her there. Or better yet, call 911". Another masculine voice that sounded Italian retorted.

"She would have died!", the former said. 

I hear them pacing round the room with the owner of the first voice muttering, "She has to wake up. I won't lose this opportunity. She has to wake up"

Ignoring the two men disrupting the room with their noise, I tried to raise my hand but it felt stiff. 

What happened to me?

Opening my eyes a little to take in the appearance of my surroundings. I had to shut it immediately as the room seemed too bright. 

I relaxed for a minute and opened my eyes again to accommodate the brightness. 

Where am I?

Taking in air, the whole place smells like antiseptic. I must be at the hospital but what exactly happened to me?

Taking in my surroundings. The Ceiling is pure white, that was the first thing I saw as I opened my eyes.

Turning to the left, I notice a window with a single vase on it. Turning to the right, I see two young men disagreeing about something, probably their former discussion.

A small cabinet is by the wall, painted white with a red cross on it. Not too far away, there's a chair and table. The whole room is painted white.

The man with the Italian voice turns to me and exclaims, "Look! She's awake". Not waiting for a reaction from the other man, he walks closer to me and asks me, 
"Are you okay, do you feel pain anywhere?"

"Where am I?", I managed to say.
He nervously scratched his head before trying to speak again

"Water. Water". I croaked

"Right. Coming right up". He stood up and walked towards the left to a sink I did not notice at first and filled a cup with water before helping me to sit and handing the water to me.

The other man came into my view with a woman, I did not remember him leaving the room to get anyone.

The woman was dressed with a white lab coat covering her outfit. She smiled and said. "Hello, I'm Leslie Brown and I'm your doctor, this is Mr Daniel Peters", pointing to the man who stood by her side, the man with the deep masculine voice.

Tapping the other man who offered me water playfully, she continued,  "and this is Mr James", glancing between the two men she asked politely, "can you give us a minute?"

They both nodded before leaving. Turning back to me, she smiled warmly. "Do you remember what happened?"

I thought for a second, I remember watching Belinda leaving our apartment with her date and then up to the part where I went to get mineral water at the supermarket and then trying to check my phone before....

Helping me relax from my sitting position. She spoke, "You are just getting better, please don't stress yourself"

I told her all I remembered. Sighing, she said. "You have been asleep for two whole weeks. You had an accident on the 15th of May. Today is 
the 29th. I am going to ask you  simple questions, can you please provide answers?

Nodding my head, she continued, "what is your name?"

"Marian Hope". All the children at the orphanage bear Hope as our surname if our parents did not leave any.